Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Thank you for letting me join. I have a 2014 Titanium 2 ltr diesel and have had it for about 4 and a bit years.

Up until Christmas those were a pleasurable and pain/cost free 4 years. I have read through a few posts relating to DPF issue and felt like sharing where I am with my own.

Pre Christmas I got an oil change required and amber service engine light. The codes were read and the issue was narrowed down to the oil being contaminated so it was changed. The dpf regen cycled a few times in the following weeks before the amber service light returned. Another scan of the codes and the issue was put down to a faulty CAT sensor preventing the regen cycle, unfortunately it did not narrow down which of the three sensors were faulty so all three were changed. The dpf went through a regen on my drive home, only for the engine management light to make an appearance 24 hours later. Another scan of the codes and it is now showing that the dpf has soot issues and will not regen.

A good run as suggested by the garage did not clear the soot and the engine management light is still burning brightly as I type.

I've seen on the threads various potential fixes and wonder if anyone has had the same experience as me and how it was resolved.

Many thanks

Ali

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like an auxiliary fan running at idle and will speed up when you accelerate. The best way I can describe it is a whump whump sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts