Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my New Kuga Mid Sept and was told delivery would be Mid Dec. I have been given the Chass.No so would think it may be sooner.

The good stuff -Titanium inPanther Black, X-pack, App Pack, Cov Pack, 19in Alloys,Premium Sat Nav (with camera I hope), DDS,with a couple of other things to boot including the 230v power socket.

I just came accross this site by chance and think it is and will be a hub of good info for any Kuga owner.

Roll on December.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That is one serious spec!
Mine took less than a month from chassis number to arrive at dealers so sounds like it should be on its way soon

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid Around 27k give or take a couple of quid not bad seen as it came in at 28k+ on the ford configurator, and yes male of course.

·
Registered
295 Posts
hessisgod said:
Mine took less than a month from chassis number to arrive at dealers so sounds like it should be on its way soon
and how long did it take to receive the chassis number after the original order date?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mouse1277 said:
hessisgod said:
and how long did it take to receive the chassis number after the original order date?
It only took about 2-3 weeks to get a Chass Num..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have just been told by my dealer that it will be ready to pick up in just over 2 weeks
. I cant wait although a little apprehensive due to all the problems that people are having.

I will stick on some piccies after the big day!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,
Got ours early September and no problems at all- love it!
The only thing I'm not quite happy with is the windscreen heater elements showing in certain light situations, but this seems to be ME rather than the car......nobody else seems to have trouble with it!!
Worry not....you will love your Kuga.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guy's,

Thanks for the response about my concerns, it doesn't seem all doom and gloom after all.

I do have one small niggle though and even though I haven't got mine yet I do have an Focus with the keyless/Not entry system.

Key/dongle/fob what ever you want to call it. you have to use is to open the car remotely nice 1, then put it back into you pocket/bag or car, then press the start button cool gadget.

after doing this you then have to fill the washer bottle so you pop th bonnet "oop's no bonnet release" you have to then take the key out of the key fob/dongle thingey and open the bonnet with a key!!! "whats all that about?"

Strange don't you think? it therefore is not a keyless entry system or am I missing something?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think you might be confusing keyless start that is standard on the Kuga with keyless entry that is an optional extra for £250.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I have the keyless entry and the car unlocks when you pull the handle to get in.

Yes your right about the bonnet having no release catch and having to use a key to open it, but how often are you going to do that? Ford went over to this about 10years ago to increase the overall security of their cars.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers thats good to know!

I am getting the keyless entry system so I take it that I do not have to take the fob outta my pocket and press before opening it I just walk 2wards and pull handle?

Also, Does this mean then as I get out and walk away it locks or am I just asking 2 much?

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Car does not lock itself but you still don't have to get the key out of your pocket.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
You just press the little button on the handle that you get on both sides, once to lock and turn the alarm on and again to double lock as you do with the remote. Also as with the remote you can press and hold the button on the door to lock the car and close all the windows.

If you open the boot whilst the car is locked it will automatically lock and turn the alarm on again when you close the boot
. (your indicators will flash to confirm this)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Since last Saturday have more than doubled my mileage up to 2100, still have no issues at all, and have been giving it some abuse as per my YouTube off-road post.

Only niggle is I keep reaching for the power button when I actually want to to switch the radio on/off. Would be better if the power button was to the right of the steering wheel. Also what do I do with the keys, they keep sticking in me leg!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts