Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the other day I went to see an Ex Demo Kuga Titanium, with all the trimings. However the day I went in to see it, it had been sold.

However, I was told that I could get a brand new one with basically the same spec for the same price.

My Question.

The one I have put down a deposit for, does not have Privacy Glass or roof rails, although I have been told that this can be fitted, but obviously at an extra cost.

What do you guys think, should I pay the extra money, or do you not really consider these items to be worth it?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Also it comes with standard 17" alloys. Does it really make any difference to the cars look to get these replaced by 18" or 19"

Look forward to any response

Davie

·
Registered
130 Posts
One word of warning, if you want to use a roof box then the roof rails are required. Getting roof rails fitted is a major job requiring the headlining to be dropped. It cost me a small fortune as I only realised this after taking delivery of the car. So be very careful...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Davie
The privacy glass is dark....I have the reversing camera in the sat-nav system (thank god), otherwise its not easy to see at all. On a bright day on the motorway spotting a police car from a distance (even if your being a good boy) in the rear view mirror is not easyalso, dark coloured cars can blend in to the surroundings. They do look great from the outside.

I have 18" wheels and they are really nice, easy to clean and set the car off for me...The ride is still excellent even with the slightly lower profile tyres.

If you did'nt get it, go for the bluetooth kit..wish I had.

Fantastic car to live with, turns heads everywhere but upsets Honda CRV and X3 drivers..

Backchat

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Agree with Backchat totally. What colour are you going for? I know its personal choice but if you have black or dark grey I think the chrome roof rails contrast sets the Kuga off nicely. Or is that a bit posey?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Guys.

Was a tricky one, as I had to go for a model which hadn't been registered, and didn't quite have the extras I was looking for.

Championkuga, it is in Panther Black and I agree with you. I think it would set it of to have the roof rails. Can get them for £450 supplied and fitted, which seems reasonable enough.

Think I may give the Privacy Glass a miss.

Backchat, I was going to go for the Bluetooth, but I decided against it, which sounds like the wrong decision, but never mind.

Think I might have to get myself a new set of wheels also, as the 17" just look a touch too small.

Never seen one on the road in Scotland.

Thanks again for all your help.

Davie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts