Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week to go having traded my Disco for a stock Kuga with all the packs apart from nav
Will be a big difference in running costs and I hope more reliable
My ST certainly has been and the forum here doesn't show anything like
the number of problems that the Disco 3 forum does. Looking forward to playing in the snow - it snowed already
yesterday at our place in mid Sweden!
Anyone have any experience of snowtyres?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello Snowman, welcome to the kuga forum, like you I'm waiting for my kuga to arrive, hopefully this week also. Its autumn here in the UK, no snow for a while, although having said that here in North Yorkshire we had our first snow in October last year, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your Kuga in the snow, I live on the North Yorkshire moors and get regular deepsnow in the winter, I haven't any experience of snow tyres, would be interested to here about those, I'm sure someone on this forum will know. regards Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike!
My question re the tyres was really what is best on the Kuga. -16 or 17 inch since I find that the
16 inch winter tyres on the ST are too soft (Here in Sweden we then have the question
of whether or not to have studs)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello Snowman,
Great to see more of our international friends on here. It is really interesting to hear abour the snow you get in Sweden. I live in the central midlands and we don't really get much snow, even in winter. I think up in North Yorkshire they get a lot more than us !!!! Certainly in Sweden you get a whole lot more than in North Yorkshire. Keep us updated on the snow situation (as you know we are obsessed with the weather here !!!). Enjoy the new Kuga.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome Snowman, what model and specs are you getting? I actually enjoy driving in the snow but have not yet expieranced it in "KUGA".
Post some pics on forum for us of Kuga with some good swedish scenery in the background.Time soon flies
SB
P.S also welcome to most recent newbies.
SB

vickandizzy,did you read my PM,SBEdited by: SILVERBACK

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Snowman Pictures of the Kuga with the Swedish sceneryas the backdrop, sounds great to me.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
...what about a scale model snowkuga instead of our usual snowmen? Have to be a white one i suppose.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Titanium in Avalon should be delivered on Friday
X-package, Design package and I think something called comfort package. Since these differ from the UK spec this translates as: Full leather, dark glass, blue tint, panoramic roof, electric folding mirrors, heated seats, fuel burning aux heater with timer, silver rails, 18" alloys, sony 1cd with voice and bluetooth, aux socket but no USB :-( , towbar -oh and yes it does have the seat back trays.. (these seem to be an issue on here for some reason I haven't yet seen)

The car is produced August 2008 and has been the showroom car (38km delivery mileage) so I'm getting about 5grand off the price which is not bad for Sweden. (One place where cars are more expensive than the UK though not as bad as the other Nordic countries) Any issues to watch out for with a car produced 2008?

Friday pickup is dependant on Land Rover delivering the replacement key for my old car on time so I can make the trade (i.e. dubious) We will see...

Will post lots of photos I'm sure. There is certainly enough snow to make a snow kuga later on (at least at the holiday home but problem is it's usually too dry to stick together well. In the meantime here is a deep frozen ST...

and some classic Swedish scenery :-D (with my other toy)

Edited by: Snowman

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi SnowmanThanks. I had a Yamaha (RD 250) many moons ago, I have to say itlooked nothing like yours. Look forward to seeing and hearing more, hope all goes well. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Crikey....last time it snowed like that in Peterborough there were Woolly Mammoths wandering around !!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Bob,
The Yamaha has a 1050cc engine and around 138hp. (Its my mid-life crisis since I never got to have mopeds and RD's and the like) ;-)
Rampman -so you haven't heard about our "polar bears on the streets" then ? ;-)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Funnily enough - no !! Havent you got any glaciers you can try your AWD on as well

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Snowman I'm sure I spotted Burt Reynolds& Jon Voighttied to a tree in the background. (Deliverance)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol Bob,

Actually I joke quite a lot about needing to be nervous when you hear the banjos in the small towns I visit. It's only when you hear the pig squeals that you need to panic!

Not quite like rural USA but some real isolated places can make you wonder.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sounds just like Wisbech......only colder

·
Registered
233 Posts
Snowman, "KUGA " looks good in snow but that transformer machine looks B****Y awesome,well impressed with speed of getting pics on forum it took me months but now I have eight photos on photo bucket(big deal).

Good deal on your motor, I did same with mine it was ex display /demo and only cost me £18750 instead of about £23000 and all teething problems have been dealt with before I got it.I did the same with my old "FOCUS" got it a year old for about £10000 instead of £14500.
SB
Edited by: SILVERBACK

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Grr. Date has likely been put back due to the towbar being out of stock (sniff sniff) -On the other hand Land Rover can't even get their act together on the replacement key for the car I am trading in. (Great last experience with that brand!)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Snowman your Land Rover experiences are Shameful. My best mate bought a LR Freelander a couple of years ago he made a mistake of driving it across to Calais the day after taking deliveryhe woke up the first moning in France to find the oilcontent of hisLR was all over the tarmac.when he managed to getback to the UK LR was in garage for a week awaiting some parts had it back and shortly after cylinder head gasket went, rain water was pouring in, garage were clueless I think they thought he'd broughtthe raininto the car in a bucket, all sorts of electrical problems including a small fire which kind of convinced him that perhaps he had made a big mistake, when he came to trade it in he was offered peanuts for it, which to be fair was probably twice as much as it was actually worth. Fingers firmly crossed, hopefullythe Kuga will be just fine. Bob.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Land Rover Disco 3 experiences -the saga. Hopefully to make you all feel good about the odd niggling item:
1. Low gear alarm
2. Suspension alarm
3. HDC alarm
4. Engine in limp home mode
-all of the above repeated on and off though fixed (mostly) in the third year of guarantee
5. All brake discs replaced (not covered by guarantee) after 75 000km
6. Air con failed (replaced under guarantee) after about 2 years
7. Gear selector locked up (couldn't select drive). -Car in workshop without any information for a total of 6 weeks.
8. Steering wheel not on straight from the beginning and had to argue like mad to get partially fixed. (After 4 years its still not quite straight)
9. Had to argue like mad to get headlights fixed (had a lot of water vapour inside the plastic cover)
10. Car didn't have rear stereo controls as specified
11. Just had the EGR valve replaced at an enormous cost.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the car -great motor to drive and I could drive it over 30mpg if I tried but the ownership experience has not been premium. Land Rover didn't offer me any more in part ex than Ford and snottier, more disinterested sales staff I have yet to come across (and that was the owner of the dealership) This was my second and probably last ever Land Rover.
Having said that I still wouldn't have had the Toyota Land cruiser... Have had a Prius as works vehicle and Toyota experience wasn't exactly positive either so I'm hoping for a change now with Ford. In general I'm pretty happy so far with my local Ford dealer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Land Rover lived up to expectations by screwing it all up again. They spent twenty minutes taking down all the details, key number , chassis number etc then took two weeks to order a key. Left the car in today (had to chase them over 2 days to find out that they had actually got a key) only to find that the dopey sods have still managed to get the wrong key. No apologies or anthing! Back to the drawing board and of course I'm left waiting for our new car. Moral of this story? I hope LR goes the way of Rover because they certainly bl**dy well ought to with this degree of customer care.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts