Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Found this forum a few days ago and i have been meaning to register.

Anyway took delivery of my Kuga in the middle of May. Decided that i was interested in one of these after first seeingthem on the web sites very early in the year.

I took a test drive and to say the least was impressed with the car. I made the descision almost immidiatly that i would have the car before anyone else had the chance to get there hands on it and further more before anyone could test drive it. I was suprised that the dealership were willing to sell their first car but i am glad they did

I had no choice as to the spec as it was already deliveredbuti was very happy with what was infront of me and if i am honest it come with all the extras i would have liked.

The spec is Panther Black - Appearance Pack - Titanium X Pack fitted. So apart from just a few things it has just about everything.

After drivingquick saloon cars for many yearsthe change to diesel was a first as was going to SUV type vehicle.

So far i have absolutly no regrets..the car drives well..goes were its pointed..brisk enough mid range accelertion...and 34 MPG so far. Inside is comfortable and well put together and very quiet under most driving conditions. In my opinion the car does not feel soft on the road and the suspension is firm and has similar driving charicteristics to a normal car.

At the time of looking for insurance the companies i tried were not listing the vehicle so i have poss paid over the going price with Ford Insure going by what others are saying on other posts

Cheers

DRT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Thats a nice specced KUGA!!

I dont know if you have a coolong off period with ford insurance, but it may be worth checking out privilege insurance, as they seem among the cheapest.

If possible when you are out driving could you let me know what reves its doing at 60ish mph, and it the trip computer tells you, what is the average MPG at this speed?

Also, post up some pics!!!

Paul.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul

No worries i will make a mental note of what you require and post ASAP.

I have found myself only doing 60 now were as when i was driving the last car i would have been doing 70.....dont know why that is though could be the relaxed feeling of being that little higher up.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi and welcome to the club DRT

good to know you are happy with your new car

i found it very similer to my S-max and Focus to drive

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Paul

Just thought on to do the MPG check fo you

At a steady 60 the rpm was as near as dam it 1800 rpm -6th gear.

I run it for about 2 miles at 60 some on a slight incline this returned on the computer about 44 MPG then on the flat it was flickering in between 49 and 55 mpg

The car has now done about 550 miles and is averaging 35.3 mpg according to the cars computer...this has been mainly town driving with about 100 mile on faster type roads

I remain very pleased with the car

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to get that info.

It does seem like its econmic, and at just 1800 rpm i would guess quiet and refineded.

I expect those figures will improve over the next few fill ups too.

Cheers, paul.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well had mine for a week now and its everything i could wish for, its panther black titanium with all the extras.

I have to say it drives really well, its drive isnot soft, and it goes into and out of the bends really well.

so far averaging 37 mpg (i expect to see that go up with time as normal for a new car)and I have done a mixture of driving from town too motorway no windnoise that i could hear when on the motorway.

In comment about the gear stick, found it to be in anexcellent position, the inside is well set out for driving and its very comfortable and looks good. The boot space, well that is up to each individualbut for us its more than enough.

The general comments from people so far is one of surprise thats its a Ford as its so well finished and just does not look like one.

Taking it to France for 2 weeks on Friday!

one very happy Kuga owner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts