Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I have had to recently, but I am positive that when the winscreen heater is on, the heating elements expand enough that I can see them, particularly against a light background. Its sort of 'meshy' effect.I think it can be slightly distracting as I sometimes seem to focus on them. My husband reckons I am imagining it and says he cannot see it at all. Maybe its my eyesight but has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even if it was happening which I'm sure it isn't by the way, why would it be a problem anyway? I can see my elements all the time and I think I've got good vision. Maybe you can see the elements when the heater is on because your own eyes are warming up and so maybe a trip to the opticians is in order, and to ensure the safety of us other road users,maybe you shoulddo that before driving to the dealer or anywhere else.....

Edited by: UberKuga

·
Registered
20 Posts
UberKuga is wrong, your eyesight isn't at fault and you don't need to go to the optician. Yes you can see the elements all the time but they do make the screen go a little bit 'fuzzier' when they are turned on. You will only notice this if you focus on the elements rather than the road so this isn't advisable lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thislink http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=46777references the same subject andthere does appear to be correlation between poor eyesight and excessiveawareness ofthequickclear elements. Having a dirty screen (inside and out) also adds to the effect.

Alsothe general advice is that anyone who uses a VDU for a large proportion of their day should get their eyes tested regulary and ChampionKuga, as you can't even put the PC down on your holidays, I still stand by my advice...... Or maybe just a few jars of the black nectar would do the same job.....
Edited by: UberKuga

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha! I brought my PC away with meto entertainmy 13 old son in the evenings so it meansI also have an opportunity to catch up with all you lot!

Seriously though, UberKuga has made me think about eyetests. My vision has always been pretty good but it could be a valid point (Maybe we need to start a medical forum?
)

Have tried the black nectar in the country of it's birth but think I will stick to the Ballygowan sparkling water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts