Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

First post as a member but I regularly refer to the forum to answer my many questions.

Had the car about 6 weeks now and noticed earlier this week with the first frost that only one side of the heated windscreen is working.

referred to earlier posts that stayed i needed to look at F14 and F16 in the engine fuse box. When I got in the fuse box there wasn’t a fuse in either.

After checking the manual the only thing I can find for heated windscreen was R7 in the engine fuse box.

Don’t suppose somebody could point me in the right direction?
Steve

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4994[/ATTACH]184826, member: 3427"]
.Manual definitely shows F14 for RH side and F16 for LH side but they are 40amp cartridge fuses
Thanks ,

that’s the picture I’ve been working off. Both14 and 16 don’t have fuses in and I can’t find anywhere in my manual that suggests where they could be.

manual says 14 for cooling fan and 16 not in use. Searched through all fuse’s in the manual and all I can see for heated windscreen is relay 7 in the engine fuse box.

steve

Attachments

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Sorry, I’m stumped now , but will keep looking

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
For some reason the owner's manuals from 2017 appears to have the normal fuses of 14 and 16 missing for the heated front windscreen which corresponds to SteveB85's manual and physical check of the fusebox. Obviously it has the heated front screen so could be a printing error by Ford. I couldn't see anything in the wiring diagram listed for anything to do with heated front screen. Ford's terminology is amazing as it lists the heated rear screen described at "Rear Window Defogger"

Perhaps @Kevmond will have more luck.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga ST Line 1.5 EcoBoost
22 Posts
Curiosity got the better of me, I had a look at diagram for a few model years, all show fuses 14&16 for heated front screen.
I’d suggest checking to see if each side is getting power, although it won’t really help as you or I still none the wiser what fuse supply’s it!!

·
Registered
2017 Kuga 1.5D titanium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Curiosity got the better of me, I had a look at diagram for a few model years, all show fuses 14&16 for heated front screen.
I’d suggest checking to see if each side is getting power, although it won’t really help as you or I still none the wiser what fuse supply’s it!!
Me neither i’m completely bamboozled. Going to have an auto electrician take a look and failing that go to Ford.

cheers for having a look 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts