Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got in my Kuga this morning, the temperature<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p> outside was reading -7 C. During my drive to work the windscreen need cleaning, but the washer jets were frozen. This was the still the case after 40 minutes of driving, by which time I would have expected them to warm up. (I have my washer fluid as a winter consistency so I know this is not the problem.) However, it was my understanding that the Kuga's jets were heated, so are they on all the time, and if not, is there a way of turning them on? Edited by: Konan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi, I had my 12.5k mile service yesterday and got them to check 2 things for me (with a very disapointing response).

I have a launch week Zetec and I complained about the heated washers not working (I tried it with both the heated windscreen and heated rear window on) and the fact that I do not get a low washer leve warning alert.

They took the washer system to bits and found that mine was not fitted with either a washer level warning system or heated washers. They followed this up with Ford and it seems that some cars have them and others don't and there is no way of knowing which do and which do not at the time of delivery.

Very, very annoying!

I have stupid LED spot lights shining on the centre console fromthe courtessy light fitting that are no use to anyone but not essential safety items.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've just posted a message about low washer level warning lights in Technical before reading this. Will Ford do anything about it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
mondeoman said:
I've just posted a message about low washer level warning lights in Technical before reading this. Will Ford do anything about it?
The garage said that as it was not fitted there is nothing they can do. They did suggest that I call Customer Services to take the matter up with them.

I am assuming that the wiring is there so I am a bit upset that they did not call me while they had it in bits to let me know as I would have offered to pay for the upgrade given that there would not have been any labour costs as it was in bits anyway and had to be put back together.

Although there is probably a three week wait for the parts so they would not have been able to do it

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got the Titanium - & to be really honest I did not know the washer jets were heated untill mentioned on here

Obviously mine don't work either, cos they froze up on me too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have the Titanium, and I thought that it was supposed to have them????

Plus has anyone noticed how inconsistent the Automatic wiper blades are - sometimes I have to wait ages for them to wipe the windscreen, even in a downpour, and then in can be only a few drops of rain, and then I get continuous wiping. Other times they work as I would expect them to, like this morning coming into work on the motorway when the sped up or slowed down depending on the amount of water on the windscreen.

It isn't related to the speed I am travelling at the time, because as I say they can work perfectly - It would just be nice to have consistency

·
Registered
77 Posts
Konan, my wipers are the same, it must be to do with the placement of the sensor and how much water is on it. I think it is below where the rear view mirror is stuck to the screen.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Just resurrecting this topic, apparently I have them, put heated rear screen on, and 10 minutes later operated washers, washer water was ascold as a witches ***anyone else out there like me who apparently has them but cannot get them to work?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi ips, as soon as I got the chassis number of newKuga I went onto the Ford Etis site and went through the factory build details which is when I noticed, "heated washer jets" howeverwhen I compared it with theprinted off details of Avalon, the first Kuga,that also had heated washer jets fitted apparently,but absolutely no reference whatsoever to them in theOwners Handbook.
http://www.etis.ford.com/

·
Registered
54 Posts
In my Kuga I have "Visibility pack 2" = heated windshield and heated washer jets". Both work to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello bobuptown.
As I can see a lot of winter extras are not available in UK. Mr. Ford decided that it´s not cold enough there. I believe costomers in UK would appreciate heated side mirrors, heated windscrean or parking heater. They all come useful at below zero temperatures and these are not unusual in UK, are they?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts