Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Sorry, Forscan is a diagnostic tool that allows you to view/set how the electrical systems are set up on your particular vehicle, and aslo allows you to customise your own set up. I personally don't know sufficient about the tool but those on here more knowledgeable may be able to see if there is an option to set the auto screen. Re the post above I think it would probably use an existing temperature, but first see if the option can be set.

This distortion must be pretty drastic, but does the dealer agree that the distortion appears when the heated screen is on?

·
Registered
337 Posts
There are a few threads on here about the problem of the distortion,,if you type in Windscreen distortion it will come up with problems with the windscree,,into the advanced search.i tried to copy the links but not sure how to do it on the iPad.

Ross

·
Registered
337 Posts
There are a few threads on here about the problem of the distortion,,if you type in Windscreen distortion it will come up with problems with the windscreen into the advanced search.i tried to copy the links but not sure how to do it on the iPad.

Ross

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If there was something wrong with the outside temperature sensor and it was thinking it is colder than it is then that could bring the screen on.
That's a good point, I'll tell the garage when the vehicle is booked in for a diagnostic check.
Thank you :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry, Forscan is a diagnostic tool that allows you to view/set how the electrical systems are set up on your particular vehicle, and aslo allows you to customise your own set up. I personally don't know sufficient about the tool but those on here more knowledgeable may be able to see if there is an option to set the auto screen. Re the post above I think it would probably use an existing temperature, but first see if the option can be set.

This distortion must be pretty drastic, but does the dealer agree that the distortion appears when the heated screen is on?

Thanks for the explanation, not something I could deal with, but as the vehicle will be going into the Ford Garage soon I will ask the question. One of the guys from the service dept. went out with me and was amazed at the distortion when the heated screen is on - Ford HQ don't want to know about this!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Ross, I had already checked out this page and asked Ford HQ to go onto the Kuga Owners Club site to read this but they won't!!! they don't want to acknowledge this as a problem. Oh, and their suggestions: have the heated screen removed and replaced with a plain one - at my cost [why would I do that?!!!] or have the screen disconnected!! Such great advise and wonderful customer service!! NOT.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I’m not surprised with Ford,that they wont acknowledge a problem,I have had Fords cars since the beginning of the 80s they have always been the same,I use to work for them ,but that didn’t make any difference with the dealerships.I went to one on Monday to find out about a price to do a scrape on the my kuga,don’t worry I was told we will ring you by the end of the day about a price,,Thursday today still no call..Going to take it somewhere else now.
Ross

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I’m not surprised with Ford,that they wont acknowledge a problem,I have had Fords cars since the beginning of the 80s they have always been the same,I use to work for them ,but that didn’t make any difference with the dealerships.I went to one on Monday to find out about a price to do a scrape on the my kuga,don’t worry I was told we will ring you by the end of the day about a price,,Thursday today still no call..Going to take it somewhere else now.
Ross

Not at all surprised at the lack of contact, I have had the same problem recently. However, I have to say that on the whole my Ford dealership has been brilliant with all my current dramas, just a pity they haven't been able to resolve thus far - my issue/complaint is with Ford itself. Good luck getting your scrape sorted out.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Ford Customer Services......don’t get me started on them, complete waste of space !!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well Ford did eventually ring me this afternoon,sorry Didn’t ring when said lost my number but found it in their system,Cost £120.00 with VAT,was cheaper than a independent garage who wanted £400 plus vat.who I went to this morning.

Ross

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well Ford did eventually ring me this afternoon,sorry Didn’t ring when said lost my number but found it in their system,Cost £120.00 with VAT,was cheaper than a independent garage who wanted £400 plus vat.who I went to this morning.

Ross
Hey ho

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
So its fixed? What years your Kuga?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Fixed under warranty as it was a manufacturing fault?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Sorry I did, when you mentioned some costs I thought you'd paid for the repair/replacement but it was the quote from Ross.

Unless you already have done and while nobody else seems to have this problem, what do the replacement windscreen people say to the phenomenon?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes it was the quote I had for the scrape on my kuga,booked in next Wednesday.Forms to fill in to claim my money back.

Ross

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sorry I did, when you mentioned some costs I thought you'd paid for the repair/replacement but it was the quote from Ross.

Unless you already have done and while nobody else seems to have this problem, what do the replacement windscreen people say to the phenomenon?
It would appear, looking at the forums, that there are one or two folk with this same problem. I haven't been to a replacement windscreen company yet as I don't actually intend to pay to have it replaced [which is what Ford are saying] but I may take it in for them to look at!! I am considering asking the AA to have a look at it for me under the heading of it being dangerous to drive!!!
Watch this space!!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Yes well the windscreen company should be able to comment whether its acceptable or abnormal. Then Ford have the apparent random operation of the screen to address, unless they are going to eventually say, it too is normal. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yes well the windscreen company should be able to comment whether its acceptable or abnormal. Then Ford have the apparent random operation of the screen to address, unless they are going to eventually say, it too is normal. Good luck.
Many thanks :)
I'll post further info when I have it!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts