Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I own a Kuga Titanium TDCI 4x4 Auto. The heated front windscreen has a bad distortion when turned on, plus, it also turns itself on even in the middle of what was a hot summer!! When this happens no light appears on the dash and I am unable to turn it off. I only know that it is coming on because of the bad distortion!!
To date the vehicle has been off the road at my local Ford garage for two days having software updates. These have not resolved anything. I have written to Fords head office many times now and they will not accept this as a fault saying it is 'characteristic' of the screen!! I have driven many Ford cars over the years and have been a loyal customer and have never encountered this problem in any other car - something else that Ford don't want to acknowledge. So - I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem and has Ford been involved in any discussion/resolution.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you saying when it's turned off the distortion is not there?
Correct - however, it takes time to stop working even when I turn it off, and, as I said, it comes on all by itself quite regularly even on warm days!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have many ford cars with heated screen,never come across this problem before,,but I think there was someone else here complaining about the same problem.

Ross

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have many ford cars with heated screen,never come across this problem before,,but I think there was someone else here complaining about the same problem.

Ross
I have driven Ford cars pretty well all of my driving career and I too have never had this problem with any other car except this one - something I pointed out to Ford HO but they don't want to know!! Great customer service - not.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Dont know why it should come on on its own, but if its distorting vision sounds like the lamination is coming apart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont know why it should come on on its own, but if its distorting vision sounds like the lamination is coming apart.
Thank you for your comments, I will pass this onto my Ford garage for them to look into. I too am at a loss as to why the bloomin' thing keeps turning on at will!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Have a read of this. I had an idea somewhere in the back of my head that some screens can come on automatically. Looks like it can depending on the model and settings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have a read of this. I had an idea somewhere in the back of my head that some screens can come on automatically. Looks like it can depending on the model and settings.

Thanks for this - I probably wouldn't mind if the heated screen came on when I needed it i.e. in the cold weather, but it's been coming on all through the summer!! I'll take a look at this and talk to my garage. many thanks for your time:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
If there is an "Auto On" function within the cars menu, could it be turned Off Auto in the cars menu?

Just a thought :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If there is an "Auto On" function within the cars menu, could it be turned Off Auto in the cars menu?

Just a thought :)
Hi, I don't know but will take a look. My vehicle was off the road for two days in the Ford garage having software updates etc. You would think that this might be something they would have looked at as I have been complaining about it for some time!! 🙄 Thanks for your input 👍

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I remember similar posts on the TalkFord forum on Mondeo's circa 2009 -2012, but it was not universal on all models and seemed random but Ford said it was Normal. As it seem like a one off so far on the Kuga, it may be a fault or someone deciided to set the option. Is there an option available/shown via ForScan?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I remember similar posts on the TalkFord forum on Mondeo's circa 2009 -2012, but it was not universal on all models and seemed random but Ford said it was Normal. As it seem like a one off so far on the Kuga, it may be a fault or someone deciided to set the option. Is there an option available/shown via ForScan?
I'm going to be blonde now and say I don't understand the 'via ForScan' comment! Also, as far as Fords HQ is concerned they will not accept this or the distortion as a fault and that certainly the distortion is, as they put it, 'a characteristic of the vehicle'. However they have now asked me if I would mind taking it back again for further inspection!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts