Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum. Just got a very nice ST line edition and need to know how you find out if I've got standard front lights or Bi Xenon lights.
Thanks
Mickle brow
IMG_20200325_170628~3.jpg

·
Registered
361 Posts
They look standard, same as mine, my last Kuga had Bi-Xenons (an option) and they look completly different, they would also have self levelling on startup if they were Bi`s, although you have got headlamp wash so I could be wrong :)

·
Registered
2019 2.0 180 ST Line edition auto 4x4 Chrome Blue Addaptive cruise Heated steering Full Sunroof
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the reply(y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks yes I remember this on another car. Will take a look now it's dark.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If your lights come on and then sweep up and down left and right to 'setup' then you have Bi-Xenons
Always makes me chuckle when starting car in dark in front of a reflective surface. Looks like someone who has not quite got the hang of rolling their eyes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typical, just checked the car, and woopee, it seems I have the Bi xneons but the left light looking out from inside the car was every couple of seconds, doing the left-right-up and down and an error come up saying Headlamp malfunction, service required:mad:
Only had the car 5 mins, anyone know if this is an easy fix. The light is still working though.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you've just bought the car, I would let the seller fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Called today and they said "call back in a couple of weeks due to the Pandemic" as no one here apart from a skeleton crew:confused:
Just concerned with the oncoming traffic.
Will have to take it out out and see how it is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update on this, went out last night and the lights were all good, no error codes:eek: can only assume that my car was sitting about at the dealers for a while and not used at night before I bought it. Anyway, just pleased it's ok "for now"!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
That sounds a result, as you say it may have been sitting about and it may have reset something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks will do, and will mention it when it goes in for a service.
Does the error code stay in the system for Ford to check? Me thinks it does. At least then its recorded somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Dave. At work today and the lights were fine, so hopefully I shouldn't need the dealers to sort out.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Had my nearside light changed under warranty as DRL was working intermittent. Workshop supervisor told me it had to be changed as a complete unit ,......over £1000 a unit😦

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WTF, that's just crazy, glad it was done under warranty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts