Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but i dont think it has also if it should be in technical?

Has anyone used headlight beam deflectors on 'normal' zetec headlights and know where to put them?

I'm guessing that kuga is unlikely to be in the booklet you get with the deflectors yet but are the headlights actually the same as any other 'older' ford model?

thanks for any help, off to france soon - aprox 1000 miles should be a bit of a test.

mike

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Hi Mike.

Have you tried your local dealer?

The only reason I say this is the fact that when I went to mine to have an indicator bulb changed I asked them for details on converting Xenons to overseas driving and they were more than helpful and printed off the page from the Ford technical website.

Initally they printed the wrong details off and gave me instructions for the normal lights that you're asking about. Unfortunately though when I pointed out I had Xenons they took the 'normal' instructions off me.

From what I recall of the pages it had exact details on the placement of the deflectors and I seem to recall that it may have also had a template of the deflector required.

Anyway just a thought but perhaps a quick trip to a dealer may be the answer if no one else has a response to your post.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
turns out kuga is in new deflector instructions just doesnt look much like the kuga headlights but i'm hoping i can work it out though may try dealer if i have time before going.Not actually planning to drive at night but just in case. Only just back from dealers to ask about spare bulbs which they didnt have - seems to be confusion as to whether they are necessary in france or you just must not have a broken bulb.

mike

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Re the France &
bulbs thing:

I'm over there every 6-7 weeks to the Limousin region and
it's my understanding that whilst it's not a legal requirement to carry a spare
set of bulbs there is a legal requirement not to have a blown bulb whilst
driving! A typical French approach to things I find.

Certainly when I'm driving over there I have a set of bulbs,
warning triangle and first aid kit plus extinguisher in the boot and the
reflective jackets in the car cabin just to be on the safe side.

You
may have already read it but the Foreign & Commonwealth Office suggest
people check the AA and RAC sites for advice on foreign driving requirements and
the AA throws up the following for France: http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/france-monaco.pdf

Have a good trip and keep an eye out for fellow Kuga
drivers as I find they're as rare as the preverbal rocking horse poo over
there.

Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ps
just out of curiousity are your trips pleasure or business? we have a place near bergerac but no longer visit as often as we did as journey is not so convienient with toddler.

mike

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Hi Mike,

The trips are purely pleasure based (thankfully given my appalling grasp of the French language
) as we've got a family place in a little village on the border of the Vienne and the Haute Vienne. On recent visits I've tended to fly into Limoges but I'm looking to drive the Kuga over for my Xmas break given the flight prices.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive started driving cause i find i dislike flying more than i used to. Drove last year and found it much easier than i thought it would be due to mainly staright empty roads till i got to the area i knew. Did the journey back all in one day with the new james bond audio book (10hrs) to keep me occupied.

mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts