Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure/hope it's a simple solution... I recently purchased the small grill/trim that fits under the headlight of my Ford Kuga MK2 from a Ford dealer.

Does this grill just push on? I have tried with a firm hand but fear it will break or crack.

Any special technique would be appreciated :):rolleyes:

Thanks...
Grill Trim.jpg

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Do you have the part number handy? I tried searching high and low to buy a pair to modify with no luck. I came to the conclusion they only came with a headlight and weren't available as a spare part.

@Ozekuga may be able to help as he's removed them on his.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
When I removed mine to fit DRL's I used a trim removal tool, to fit the DRL I just aligned the fixing tangs up and gave it a push.
I think the USA Escape has a different fixing for this part, so make sure it's the correct part for a European Kuga.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Murcod, They are available separate to the headlight...the ford part is 5228800 cv448228aa you also have the option of some with fancy chrome trim from other dealers.

Cheers, Ozekuga, I ordered from a Ford dealer and gave my registration number etc... So the part should be correct. It looks like the tangs do line up. It seems like there is lots of info on how to remove them but nothing on how to fix them back on. Even though I have pushed quite hard, it still won't click back on. I will push harder 💪 just don't want to snap or crack it...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
How did you manage to lose one, they were really hard to get off when I fitted my DRL's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife hit a pheasant on the motorway (or so say says) and it pinged off... and of course, I have to believe her 🤔

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
If you want to pop over to Adelaide I have the part sat in my Garage, you can have it for nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very kind of you, but you are just over 10'000 miles away, so could take some time :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would try removing the headlight first (quite simple) then fitting the grille on the headlight before fitting the whole thing back so at least you can properly line it up.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you don’t intend to fit DRLS can’t you put a spot of epoxy on to hold it in.
On fitting DRLS, it’s not a job I’d want to do. Ok they look nice but from experience and as a former mechanic/diesel fitter/grease monkey, things are never straight forward and any time you’ve allocated, triple or quadruple and don’t forget any partner, wife etc will want to go out mid job and then you’ll drop that special Ford only bolt down into a place that you can’t access. Yes my friend there are all personal experiences!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have but not on any of my last three Kugas, but prior to that anything was fair game with unhappy results.
now the tinternet is available, checking before doing is wiser than bull in chinA shop. Confusious quote, circa 2020.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have but not on any of my last three Kugas, but prior to that anything was fair game with unhappy results.
now the tinternet is available, checking before doing is wiser than bull in chinA shop. Confusious quote, circa 2020.
I think I saw a post from you on every thing I have opened today. Werewolf comment made me laugh. Difficult to tell them apart from humans now the barbers are closed and you can't get clippers for love or money. And with clear sky's now the planes don't fly anymore the moon always looks full. Wolfsbane deodorant will keep them at bay.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It’s been a rainy day here in Jane McDonald land, so busy digits on the keyboard. Aah, the werewolf one, too many wtf nasty film endings plus I’d had Cheese last night, so maybe that infliction was been carried over.
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m not anymooooooorha.
Hey you’ve gotta laff.!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
When you dropped that special Ford only fastener and just one more trim off means you can get it!
CD09A875-8893-44AA-9F78-1B51F6F25D15.png

1 - 18 of 18 Posts