Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Bi-xenon headlights and although they are brilliant i think they are set too high as i keep getting oncoming drivers flash me (thinking obviously that i've got them on full beam), it is becoming rather annoying to say the least. Was wondering if anyone else has or is having this happen to them and can they be adjusted at a dealership? Unfortunately they are self levelling so have no way of adjusting them myself....

Graham

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your right Graham Bi-xenon headlights only auto adjust but theymaybe set fractionally high at installation and might require dealer adjustment, this would be picked up on your first service but if its bugging you give them a call

regards Graham P.S. summer meet dates are great time for me also

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Graham

I'm taking it in on Wednesday for the 'recall work' so will have a word with them then. They are a bit high i think (and so do oncoming drivers).

Re; Summer meet, they are the only dates i really have so it's good that most people can make them. I aint camping though (undertaker will bury us during the night
)

G

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi,

Winston also has the bi-xenon headlights, as you say they adjust automatically, i think it's just a thing with all cars that have this, other drivers think you have your lights on full beam becasue the light is so white and bright, get your dealer to check it out ut i think you'll find they're ok.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Winston said:
Hi,

Winston also has the bi-xenon headlights, as you say they adjust automatically, i think it's just a thing with all cars that have this, other drivers think you have your lights on full beam becasue the light is so white and bright, get your dealer to check it out ut i think you'll find they're ok.
Would tend to agree with Winston, my first car with xenon's was theMondeo I've just upgraded from and I was forever being flashed by oncoming traffic. I took it in to be checked and the dealer found there was nothing wrong with the settings.

That said though I'm still getting flashed in the Kuga

·
Registered
287 Posts
I too have xenon lamps and find them very bright. I think they seem a little high but so far not been flashed at all. maybe mine are correctly set? I do hope so . I have wondered what it must be like for an oncoming vehicle when I am driving uphill?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is more than likely because the headlights are mounted higher up than 'normal' cars - therfore drivers are getting more of a view of them when on which they think is high beam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts