Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put a deposit down today -- hopefully Early July delivery -- can't wait!

Spec: Kuga Titanium, Convenience pack, Appearance Pack, 18" Alloys, Moondust Silver and Bluetooth. Managed to get 5k off price (2k of that is scrappage) so I am pretty happy with that.

Have to say impressed with the level of information of this forum -- so naturally interested to here of anyone else's experience of a purchasing a Kuga recently, in particular:

- Any quirks or funny things occurring?
- Given that I've not had a diesel before anything I need to be aware of (other than not putting petrol in it!)?
- How soon does it take to 'wear it in' ?
- Not had a Ford before, so I'd be interested to know people's feedback on their experience (both positive and negative)
- Are any parts (interior/exterior) that are easy to scratch or damage ?
- Is the rear opening hatch of any real use?
- Any other top tips!

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hello lord-bod. Congratulations on ordering your Kuga. Mine is the best thing I have ever owned. The rear top hatch i find great, if the weekly shopping has filled the boot up you remove the risk of shopping falling out on to the bumper, ends up a bit like pick up with rear access? Only one bad point i find that the top surface of the rear bumper is easy to mark, even with grit when washing. On ebay from Ford dealers you can buy protectors for this area but i reckon they look a bit crap. I take the easy option of having a car blanket in the boot and flapping it over the bumper when removing anything. Regarding running in, just dont accelerate hard or drive mad upto 1000>1500 miles. Beware first gear is low and you can easily rev hard without realising. Also as its got a Turbo let the engine return to idle for a second or two before switching off. Have fun.... people look and point when driving such a beautiful beast!!!!!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Also make sure you give the car a comprehensive check on your handover to ensure you have everything you have asked and paid for. I picked mine up just under 2 weeks ago. All the extras i paid for were there, but just as I was putting my 2 year old in the back, I noticed the tables were missing from the rear of the front seats.

Still waiting for the dealer to sort it. I'm assuming it will have to be new seats as oppose to a retro fit.

Oh and by the way, yes it is a titanium.

JB

·
Registered
374 Posts
Lord Bod I can only suggest reading the different subjects on here. Things like the carpet fit, the bonnet, rear bumper etc, spend hour or so trauling the site for things flagged up.

WELCOME

·
Registered
8 Posts
i wondered about those tables in the back also, mine are missing (thats if im supposed to have them!) im wondering if they only came with titanium x pack??

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi kugajohnny. Mine is a standard Titanium and it has tables.
BK.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Titanium as mine is should come with tables. Mine registered on 23rd May 2009 does not, it looks like a change in manufacure. The brochure is only dated from last year and small print says they can change things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
only one more week to go (or so Im told)
Was told last week that my Kuga has been built and in Belgium waiting to be shipped.
The Dealer (Tunbridge Wells) said it takes a week or possibly two for it be shipped to the UK, transferred to the dealership and prepped - is this what was experienced by others on the forum? Or should I be set my expectations lower and not really expect it for several more weeks?

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Rob,

I ordered mine 30th May, it was built 15th June, arrived at the dealer's about 28th June, and I took delivery on 2nd July. The suggested wait was very different though, when I ordered it they gave me a provisional date of 'end Aug' so I didn't expect it anything like as quickly... and even when they knew the build date, suggested I'd get it mid-late July. Then once it was being shipped they said they expected it to arrive with them on 6th July. But that's just my experience, I'm sure someone has probably suffered the opposite!

Good luck and enjoy!

[EDIT]: Just saw you ordered yours two days before mine... I guess that's all to do with booking of build-slots or something like that by different dealers, that they come out in a different order. Anyway, sounds like it should be with you soon!
Edited by: olicuk

·
Registered
156 Posts
hello Rob

welcome to the forum. I suggest you do as the undertaker says and trawl through the various threads here. All the questions you ask or even are thinking about have probably been answered somewhere.

Like you cannot put petrol in by mistake. The seat trays are no longer fitted, if you have a kuga without trays - thats it,I doubt you will get a retro-fit.

But enjoy your Kuga - it's different.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hello Lord-BodMy vehicle built aroundmidJune. I get a call from my dealer (sorry car dealer) last week he informed me car was arriving thisTuesday 7th July (tomorrow) and handover wouldtake place on Friday10th July. I had to contact dealer over the weekend because as I thought I was running out ot time I wanted to get last minute info on cost of and what is involved in dealer fit roof rails, the salesman I have been dealing with was weekend off so another salesman accessed my file and told me my Kuga was in fact due in on Tuesday next, that'sJuly 14th so will have to crawl down from the ceilinguntil nextweek now, but no worries it will soon pass.A question for anyone out there who works or has experience of a car dealership,Why are mostvehicle handovers carried out on Fridays?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Olicuk.....

What's the panoramic roof like? I have to re-order mine at some point and wondering if it's worth it for the winter as i won't be getting it until October/November time.

I must say, I've been really impressed with my Kuga, up there with the best car I've had. I had the S-MAX TitaniumX when it came out and that raised the bar but the Kuga......the only thing is the lack of DVD Entertainment in the back, the S-MAX's screens were fantastic.

Edited by: NewOwner

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks a lot Gazwats, so i can only have a Panoramic Roof if i also have all of the top range bits and pieces. Hmmmmmmm, you only live once.

Note to anyone getting White......I was describing my new Kuga to a quick-witted friend and after I'd finished with the .."bright white, blacked out windows, 18inch wheels" patter he replied, "Does it have a 'UN' sign on top?".

Newbie.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
The whisper is getting louder . . . White is the new silveror black

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Kuga Owner Clubbers Seems to me that lots of goodies from the Ford option and choice listwill bediscontinued shortly, drop down tables, Panaramic roof along with the colours Kelp which I thought wasstunning and Tango again a really nice colour but hey what do I know?Ford appear to gettingtoo nostalgic in a while it will be "you can have any colour Kuga you like as long as it is black"

PS What do I do to cadge some Kuga Owners Club stickers? Delivery sometime in August/September

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only got 4 more days to go! Picking up the Kuga up on Thursday :)
(Titanium, 2WD, Moondust Silver, Convenience Pack, Appearance Pack, Bluetooth/USB & 18" Alloys)

Can't Wait!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lucky bugger I think I will have to wait till mid Sept iching already and only ordered yesterday, what a car for the money when compared with others of the same size...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts