Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
St blue 2017 2.0 kuga st awd load’s of extras love this car
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a rant and after some advice, The other half had a crash 8 weeks ago I think it should have been written off the cars worth around 18k according to webuyanycar (ITS ON PRIVATE PLATES) so someone may think 07… insurance sent to a garage where it sat for 7 weeks. It’s had new bumper, wing, bonnet, light, a/c, radiator, suspension, a arm rack or something and a wheel. We’ve had the car back a week now within a day we noticed the door was loose, rattling. Garadge said bring it back we’ll fit it 2 minute job (there’s 2 screws missing) they said they hadn’t touched the door. We get there and a fitter said was a new door and said we was embarrassed that he had forgotten to put them in. A manager came out and I pointed out the door wasn’t in line looked like it needs lifting a bit, he said we haven’t touched the door and that the hinges had worn out and this happens on older cars. I asked if it could have been caused buy the accident he said No. I said ok I will take back to ford It’s 4 years old and has warranty + 3 years extended they’ll fix it. At this point he backtracked and said he would put a new hinge on free of charge I declined and said if it’s nothing to do with the crash ford will fix. I had already stated my doubts with the workmanship saying if you can miss a couple of screws in a door latch what’s been missed underneath. At this point he said if your going to ford you have a big oil leak you might want to get them to look at (Why not mention this when handing the car over or before I would have payed for anything extra) has the crash caused this and he’s hidden it because insurance would have written it off meaning the garage would lose repair costs. We’re on day 5 now driving on motorway dash lights up saying service engine now I’m getting really worried that my kids are in a death trap I’ve booked in to ford a week today about the door. And will ask them to check it over. Anyone else had a similar problem any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
@Generaldan - It would seem you have posted this twice. I will close this off for further replies and move you other post to the mk2 general discussion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.