Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I have had my 2wd Titanium Kuga for 3 weeks now and really love it , but as normal found a couple of things wrong

First my button on my steering wheel for the cruise control do not light in the dark

should they!!!!!!

and this is the best one ,

I left my car locked andwent in to my place of work

to heara car alarm going off

when I look out of the window to see if it was my car , (which it was )I notice my driver window not there , thinking it had been broken into

I ran out side to find all my window had come down fully on there own , and the alarm going off , no break in , just the window had decide to come down fully , after I had lock the car ??????

Now as you are aware , my hubby works for ford

so Iphoned him ,

he said I held the lock button down to long and this can do it ,

so i tried that again and the windows stay closed

he said on the titanium , if you leave the windows half down and lock the car the windows will go up on there own , tried that and no they do not

Anyone had this before , I have to leave my kuga is some funny, dark car parks

where I cannot see it , now I have the fear of leaving it anywhere just in case it happens again

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi there!

First things first, the steering wheel does not have illuminated buttons. There was some discussion around this on the forum and most folks think that this is an error on the part of Ford not to have them illuminated.

Second thing. If you lock the car, put the key somewhere and accidentally press and hold the unlock button, the windows will go down. Probably, because the doors were not opened, they would auto-lock again after 30 seconds, and this primes/sets the alarm. Wind pressure would then set the alarm off.
Finally, when you want to close open windows and lock the car at the same time, press and hold down the lock button. The doors lock first and then after a few seconds, the open windows will close. I think this is what your OH was trying to explain to you.

So, when locking the car, make sure you keep an eye on the key until you are well out of range of the remote. On my car this is more than 200 metres in open air.

I think you will be ok if you take care of where the key is kept.Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
339 Posts
Could this be the Global Closing feature on Ford four door vehicles, so locking the car and holding the lock button down then activates the window closing programme.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I nearly always lock the Kuga by using the black button on the door handle; it saves having to get the keys out of your pocket. Press the button twice to double lock, and keep pressed down, on the second push, should you wish to close any open windows.
It saves battery life on the key remote too!

·
Registered
61 Posts
mountainman said:
I nearly always lock the Kuga by using the black button on the door handle; it saves having to get the keys out of your pocket. Press the button twice to double lock, and keep pressed down, on the second push, should you wish to close any open windows.
It saves battery life on the key remote too!

That's only for the lucky few of us who have keyless entry... not standard but part of the convience pack in the UK

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys , I'm going to see if I can make it do it again today
I did put my keys down on a table when I enter the building so maybe I did catch the button without knowing it !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
The other thing could be the bounce back feature not setup right - ive had it where this has happened and the bounce back kicked in and reopened the window leaving it open all night

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have had this happen just the once, about a month after I got mine. I have had this on my S-Max and Focus ST3 and never had it happwn before. I have to park mine in a public car park, I always double check that the windows are down now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had this on the S-Max too, andy... I really had to be aware that I hadn't accidentally held the remote button toolong. Also in the S-Max, not all the windows opened and closed on Global Opening and Closing... I had to set the memories myself. In the Kuga, it works OK, but there is a section in the user manual about this. For convenience, I too use the black button on the door.
As regards the cruise control buttons... this is one of the few gripes I have about my Kuga. The buttons on the S-Max were lit and I reallyhate having to fumble around to find them. Granted they have those tactile "dots", but I think it is really cheap of Ford not to light them. What would it cost extra per car? My Titanium has those BMW style centre console lights; I would not have minded paying an extra Euro for lighting in important controls...

Apologies if these two isuues have already been discussed, I'm still finding my way about here!

Edited by: Impala14

·
Registered
115 Posts
actually I have had this happen on my Kuga, not the S-Max. Just had loads of other stuff go on that thing! 19 visits back to Heartlands Ford with things like two rebuilt steering pumps, missing trim, stalling all of the time.

I jumped at the chance of part xing for a Kuga @ privilage prices!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this problem twice now. I too use the black button on the door to lock and have the key in my pocket. I know i have not pressed the door button to long or pressed my keyfob. Someone said it could be a malfunction with the alarm and then the windows go down. It is a bit worrying as it obviously rains a lot and snows and i feel my car is a bit vulnerable. Has anyone else had this and found out what the real problem was?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts