Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking the Kuga for a run this weekend towing our caravan (Swift challenger 530 miro 1345kg - 96% match).... to a local site just to see what she's like.......Has anybody towed their caravan & what was it like (what caravan did you tow)...... did you have the ford fitted detatachable tow bar... did you have to put towing mirrors...
????.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Husband sold our caravan & speedboat,as he was not prepaired to put a tow bar on our Kuga.
Must agree with the people above NO to a caravan, but bet a boat would've looked cool!

·
Registered
227 Posts
A nice little speed boat does sound cool, but I'm not sure about taking the Kuga down to the sea and getting salt in the workings! I think I would go for something with a low ratio box for getting in and out of sticky situations if I was going to tow a boat tho. Dont know if the clutch would thank you much!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just got back to Peterborough after a towing a Bailey Pageant Monarch (MPTLM 1296) to Dorset and Back (returning home via the Caravan Club site in Woodstock - even saw another Kuga parked up in a housing development in Witney).

We have been towing since June (12 trips of varying distances and terrains). The Kuga is a fantastic tow car (especially compared to our 57 plate 2L Petrok Mondeo).

It is so stable and can handle hills (including hill starts) with complete ease. It feels very safe on the road.

Hope you enjoy towing as much as we do (ignoring any more rude comments about us Tin Tent brigade!). In some ways the Kuga is too good as you forget that the van is on the back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I have taken our caravan out with our Kuga, tows superbly. Yes you do need extension mirrorsl, I use Milenco mirrors which clamp on easily to the Ford mirrors and do not impede any vision or auto adjustment. I have a Ford fitted removable towbar and twin electrics. Hope this helps you.
Jolly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To redress the balance I think some caravans can be quite cool... quite fancy one of these to go on the back of my moondust Kuga.

·
Registered
227 Posts
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! EXTENSION MIRRORS SUCK!!!! I'm a biker so you aint ever going to win me over when it comes to caravans... They're like horses... should be banned from the road!!!

How's that for a can of worms!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agreed - down with caravans - I live on the coast (clue's in the name
) and it's like a magnet to the flaming things here - roads are clogged with 'em all summer and just when you think they've all gone it turns out to be a great autumn and they all come back aaaaaaaaaarrrgh!

·
Registered
126 Posts
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!! Down with caravans. The roads are for people who have a place to be and not stuck in a queue of cars all trying to over take some idiot with huge box on the back of their car doing 30mph on a 60mph road. And what happens when there is a straight piece of road where you might have a chance to overtake THEY SPEED UP!!

Pull over once in a while and let normal people overtake or better still stay in a hotel as its probably cheaper and better

·
Registered
260 Posts
C,mon caravan owners, give them sh*t!
Maybe you should all buy a proper car, one with enough power to overtake a caravan if they are in your way!

Only reason I am buyuing a Kuga is to tow a caravan, otherwiseI would buy a proper car!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts