Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

Handsfree Activation Module

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  RonnieM 
#1 ·
Hi guy's and Girl's
The other day I went to pull fuse 1 from the rear fuse board as getting fed up with boot coming down on my head to discover no fuse in F1?
Am I just unlucky or was it activated by something else.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for that. Its just that I read a post the other day where the sensor kept activating when accessing the boot, and a few people have taken out the fuse and it will only then close on the fob or from inside the car on the button.

#4 ·
Fuse F1 only powers the kick sensor, when removed tailgate is still activated by keyfob, button inside car and both tailgate buttons.
Are you saying fuse1 is removed and your kick sensor still works

#9 ·
Can you still open it with kick action or is it just the closing thats activating occasionally
By any chance did you have your keys in your pocket, I have had mine open when bending whilst jobbing on, keys had just been nipped in my pocket causing button to activate the tailgate

#8 ·
Found mine to be far to sensitive, foot had to be just under bumper, thats how it kept coming down on my noggin, IMO its a design fault, I like the feature, opening up when hands are full but thats all it should be, opening, then press a button to close

Reactions: 5294
#10 ·
Just been out too car again, and no matter where I kick, the boot doesn't open as well. All good with the fob and button inside car. Someone said if you have the fob inside your pocket it could be knocked while you are leaning inside the boot, but you have to do two clicks for it to open or close, so very unlikely its that.
So, getting back to my original question, taking out/removing the fuse from F1, does this stop the Handsfree activation module or not. As my boot has come down on me a few times, and I have not got a fuse in there, then I'm just confused.
Thanks for all the replies guy's.

#13 ·
Yes I'm assuming I've not got the sweep sensor as I have no fuse in the F1 slot. But how has my boot come down on me in the past by just leaning it the boot.

#14 ·
Removing fuse totally disables the kick action module so I reckon if it has closed occasionally the key button must have been pressed, and as Ive said previously it can happen with keys in pocket, it doesn't take much pressure, just got to be in wrong position in your pocket, my keys are on a belt loop hook now and it’s never happed since
Another instance is when I was washing car with keys in pocket it was constantly locking n unlocking, so I never keep keys in trouser pocket now.
A check on ETIS will tell you if you have handsfree tailgate, maybe you have and a previous owner had removed fuse

Reactions: Micklebrow
#15 ·
I disabled the kick action on the tailgate inadvertently when I turned off the keyless entry on the doors (to prevent relay theft). However can't say I have missed it and I do not need a hard hat when approaching an open boot!

#16 ·
Ford now sells keys that disable the signal transmission when left idle for a few minutes. They have a motion sensor that detects movement. when you pick them up they transmit again. You might want to take a look, it's a pity to disable such a nice feature. Check the ford accessories website, they are advertised there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
As you say it is a nice feature but not necessary to have foot operation to close it, your foot just has to be under the bumper when accessing boot area and the dam n thing closes. So simple just to press a button to close it

#18 ·
Re keyless entry I believe Audi have a simple switch on their key fob to disable keyless entry, seams much more simple than a motion detector to deactivate the fob when not in use and probably more reliable. Sledgehammer to crack a nut.

#20 ·
So after reading some posts about disabling the boot kick sensor, I thought I’d have a look in the settings.
i couldn’t see the setting to knock it off but I noted the Lane keeping and that out has a sub menu. So when I entered into I noted that there was three options which I’d never seem before. One was alert plus aid. So I activated it and when on the motorway I found out that it has the self steer lane keeping mode. Nice surprise.
Anyway there was nothing for the boot sensor unless it’s in a menu I haven’t seen.

#21 ·
Only easy way to deactivate the sensor is remove fuse, did mine a few days ago and haven't missed it as every other opening n closing method is unaffected and no more headbanging, as for lane keeping aid, thats turned off as well, I dont like the feeling through the steering wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.