Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

i've ordered by kuga which is fab and ready for delivery in september. I'm thinking of trying to keep it in the garage if it will fit, save the pride and job sitting on the drive all night. Anyway, sounds strange i know but for it to fit in the length 4443mm long into my garage the bonnet will overhang a slight step at the end of the garage. Can someone help me please and let me know what the clear height is under the front of the car, ie from the ground surface to the underside of the front bumper. I'm hoping if fairly good and that will be sail over the step !!!!!!!

Can anyone help please?

cheers,

dave

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just measured mine for you Dave and under the front of my front bumper - I have almost 12 inches !!

But as thecover under the engineunderneath the car is lower - there is only 9 inches clearance !!!

Hope this helps !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brilliant your a star.

thanks for that. I take it i have 12 inches for about 200mm from the front until it drops down to 9"...

That should work fine, its extremely tight getting this beast to fit in my garage.......

thanks for your help, speak soon

dave

·
Registered
929 Posts
Measured mine as well, correct 200mm from under the chin, but lowest part under the vehicle is the small spray guards in front and around the wheels. These were 170mm clearance. One question, are you going to fit front mud flaps??

·
Registered
287 Posts
have same problem getting it in my garage.have to remove antenna and fold mirrors in. just!! goes in with a few inches to spare.
I have to get it almost fully to end of garage so I can close the door.
Small tip you may find useful?
I have a small weight on a lenth of string tixed to garage roof and length of 'tape' affixed to string for high visibilty. I drive car in slowly until the tape ( on string) just moves then park. I find I still have a few inches before clouting anything with the paintwork.
It may? help with stopping you from colliding with the small step you have in front of car! good luck.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Davidstanley,

Have you considered reversing in, the clearance is probably greater at the rear.

Best regards.

TK

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for all the help guys, must appreciated.

You comment about the aerial concerns me. Can it not be angled down closer to the roof?

Why the questions about 2WD or AWD??

i've got about 20mm spare in the garage to fit it in, its gonna be tight. i need to protect the end wall with something to stop damage to the kuga.. otherwise it looks like i'm taking the wall down and moving it a foot into the downstairs toilet. not sure the wife will be keen with that one

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately the aerial can't be angled any lower. It is quite flexible though and will bend downwards when going forwardsbut that doesn't help when you need to reverse out.

There is another thread on here somewhere, where I'm sure someone said he had cut his aerial down, don't know how successful it was though and whether or not it affected reception. Maybe they'll see this post and let us know.

Good luck

TK

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bugger.

I need the aerial to angle down i think to fit into the garage. Does any one know what the height of the aerial is in the lowest position?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi,

I gave up trying to bend a standardaerial to get the car into the garage withit on. The inner components kept breaking so I bought another standard one and chopped it down so that the car will go into the garage without writing off yet another aerial! Radio reception is no worse and it looks fairly good. Just measure the longest length you can get in there, then simply crop the aerial stick, pop a black plastic tyre valve cover on it, do a good job of wrapping black insulating tapearound the stick and up the edges of the valve cap and hey presto. One or two have asked where I got the plastic shortie from. I did try an alloy bee sting type thing that lasted all of a week before it looked horrible. Hope this helps. PJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can you buy a shorter replacement aerial, say 150mm high?? any ideas if its possible and a standard fitting onto the kuga

1 - 13 of 13 Posts