Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out about a great security feature which some of the later Ford models have, it is a shame the dealer had not told me about it or it was clear in the manual!

There is an anti-carjack feature which is if you are being carjacked you lock the doors while inside the car using the remote key, this put the car into an immobile state and disables the remote key, not a good thing to do at the office car park by accident by having the key fob in your trouser pocket with change.

I had to call out the AA who went through the way to restart the car and reset the key, which is in the manual but not too clear, this is to take the blank from where the key would normally fit, insert the blade key into the slot and press the power button, you then need to shut down as normal remove the key exit and lock the doors, after that all is fine! gave the Wife and my Dad a good laugh afterward, so be careful with your keys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think i'd rather let the nutter have the car than lock myself inside it... widows can be smashed - if they want the car that much?

I'd rather try and drive off than disable the car with the doors locked....

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have had a couple of 'key not detected' messages on mine with the key in my pocket - will keep an eye on it.

I locked the car while in it with the remote and it unlocked fine and didn't go into this mode.

Do you have to deadlock it with two presses?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did it by accident in my pocket so I could have pressed the lock twice in that way, felt a real fool when the AA guy turned up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi to every one.
Sorry to be so late to join the party but due to technical probs had no internet connection for 2 months. Picked my KUGA up on May 30th. Titanium with privacy glass, roof rails,bluetooth and 18 in wheels. Colour is sea grey. Glad that you all seem to like your cars. As for me I have a number of minor faults with mine but I love it to bits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts