Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our Silver Kuga today! It is brilliant!!! We went for a trip up Loch Lomond in the sunshine. It went like a dream. Can't wait to go out again tomorrow but will need to sit in it and learn all the different things. I will be up early!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats weired just reading your last post re the reg number delays... and was wondering how it was going

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took ten days!! Thought it would never come! It is great! No trays on back of seats, they brought out a letter saying that they don't do the trays anymore sine March 09 models! Everything else seems OK. Just got to learn to use 6 gears and also never had cruise control before!! How are you getting on with yours?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats great that you have yours, didn't know about no trays will speak to dealer about that, its in the latest brochure usual disclaimer that" Ford hasthe right to change spec"... I have 6 gears on my Saab and its a useful gear on motorways, had cruise before my current Saab and I really miss it....

Funny story about cruise control, my wife was once a driving instructor, she was telling a pupil about a new car that I had a few years ago which had cruise contol and what it does, the pupil turned to Sarah and said " couldn't use that I like to keep my hands on the steering wheel" she honestly belived that cruise drove the car by itself ha ha !!!

Anyway phoned dealer Friday had to factory order but due at dealers early Aug so great news roll on Sept 1

Have fun

CB

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi, nice to hear from another scottish kuga owner. Just got mine (ours) last Saturday and we went a trip to Loch Lomond on Wednesday night, then round to Helensburgh and followed the coast all the way round to the'good' side of the clyde.
Whole family loving the 'kuga' and just wish the weather would get a little better to get out more.

Starting to see afew more fellow kuga drivers around... the secrets out..

PortKuga

Zetec 2wd Moondust silver App pack Con packPan sunroof and illuminated scuff plates

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Illuminated scuff plates!! I will need to get some of them to keep up with the people on the other side of the Clyde!!!!!!! We went out yesterday for a run round to Coulport and saw 2 Kugas! I am enjoying driving ours but it will take me a while to get used to all the gears! It is a great car!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello Spice - Portkuga

reading your posts and your mentions of Scottish locations makes me reminisce.I enjoyed several holidays up there in years gone by. Stayed in a caravan at Alexandria and lived in Edinburgh for 4 years, a looong time ago.

Enjoy your Kugas.

·
Registered
287 Posts
never seen an illuminated scuff plate! fitted the stainless ones to my Kuga as the standard aluminium ones are not worth 1p.
glad oyu enjoy the car , it's sporty (just) and has a nice high driving position. now if only.. I had bought folding mirrors!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Spice
The last time I was in Edinburgh was in 2004 on a business trip. I couldn't find any of my old haunts. the city has grown bigger.

But when (if) I get my caravan, I will tour all the old places.

Does the swing bridge still cut off the main road through Fort Augustus? Is the bridge between North and South Balachulish finished yet? When I was there last I had to drive right round the eastern side of the loch in order to continue north.

Hornchurchmale

Your mirrors do fold! you just have to do it by hand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The swing bridge no longer cuts off the road through Fort Augustus and the Balachulish bridge is finished. You would also see a big difference in Balloch, Alexandria. it is now part of The National Park. There is a visitor centre down by the loch in Balloch.Other parts of the area are improving tho some areas are a bit run down. Lots of lovely places to go and see!

·
Registered
403 Posts
hornchurchmale - Digger
The illuminated plates look great at night giving off a red led glow. Still scared to mark them , I must look a right sight getting in and out ha !

Digger, going up to northern Scotland with the family at the end of the month to givethe 'Beast' a run out. Going to visit Fort Augustus, Fort William, Invermoriston, Inverness, Ullapool, Kyle of Lochalsh and Skye to name a few. I do a lot of work on the mast sites so I know quite a lot of vantage points to take in the scenery cant wait to show the rest of the family.

Spice, hows things on the other side of the pond, the weathers been so bad recently only managing trips to Tesco...

Port Kuga

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Port, things going well this side of the water. Enjoying the Kuga! It is so easy to drive - except for reverse! it is in the wrong place! I keep going into 6th gear! So far I haven't gone lurching forward. I must remember to stop and think before reverseing. I am going to look on the internet for the scuff plates you have. I have never seen them. You will need to report back from your Higland trip and let us know how your Kuga goes and fuel consumption, I haven't seen any other Kugas this week. still a bit rare over here,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts