Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

GMFV

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  ashtons99 
#1 ·
Hi guys.

Can anyone who has recently purchased the Kuga on the options plantell me the recent prices on the GMFV (Guaranteed Minimum Future Value) of the Zetec and Titanium.

As I am trying to work out how much the monthly payments would be on each model.

According to Ford's web site the GMFV on the Zetec is £10,718. Which I find shocking by the way considering its £20,900 OTR.

Hope you can help especailly with the Titanium GMFV, as I can't seem to find a valuation for that anywhere??

Thanks guys in anticapation.

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
Nowhere near as high as that mate.
My Titanium GMFV is £7418.

The idea of a GMFV anyway is that its lower than the real value of the car after 3 years so you have some equity to purchase a new model.

Parkers reckon the car will actually be worth close to £12k so I'm hoping to have between £4k-£5k equity in 3 years time.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/ford/kuga-2008.aspx?Page=5

Hope that helps

#3 ·
Guaranteed Minimum Future Value is just a fancy word used by Fords. At the end of the day if they quoted you a sum of GMFV of 10K then that's how much finance is outstanding on the car at the end of the two year term. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
It's a good marketing ploy to make the cars as affordable as reasonably possible.<O:p></O:p>
Say the car cost 20K and in two years will only be worth 10K then your deposit (maximum of 35%) and monthly payments must cover the interest on the loan and the devaluation over the period of time that you have selected. Or other wise at the end of the term the car might be worth less than the outstanding finance, and you could turn around and say keep it. This would leave them out of pocket. Basically the more you put down the less the monthly payments will be. But the GMFV will always work out to what the car will be worth at the end of the term. Also optional extras will have to be almost paid for over the term as they add very little value to a second hand car. <O:p></O:p>
But Ford options is not all bad as it's a better rate than what you would get from your local bank for a loan.<O:p></O:p>
There is also an options where you pay half up front with no monthly payments and the other half in two years (which again is how much the car will be worth)<O:p></O:p>
Dagenham motors are offering a real good deal to privilege customers as you can have a brand new Kuga for £1000 for a year and at the end of it pay the outstanding, re-finance or give it back.<O:p></O:p>
Yes that's a brand new Kuga for £1000 for a whole year. If you work it out that's pretty dam cheep as in two years a £20K car will only be worth £10, well that works out to £5K a year.<O:p></O:p>
But there are conditions as it's only available on a standard Zetec and if you want metallic paint you will have to pay another £500 on top as again the extras add no value to a second hand car. <O:p></O:p>Edited by: Essex_boy

#4 ·
Thanks guys.

I am looking for the lowest possible balance for over 2 years.The balance would be between theOTR priceand its GMFV.

Although Dagenham sounds brill, i still have to put my ST3 in against it, so dont know how that deal would work, As I have 1 or 2k equity?

And would possibly look into renewing the car every 9-12months as I have 3privilege vouchersevery year.

If I can work out this balance I know which one model I could afford?

#5 ·
The lowest balance over two years will be the same with what ever amount you put down. Because if you put less down they will just increase the monthly payments to compensate and the limit will be 35% total deposit. If your part exchanging your current car which worth more that the 35% they will just give you the extra back.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The only final price difference will be between the Zetec and the Titanium and remember you can pay around £6K for extras which will not make much of a difference on the final value; but you will see the difference in the monthly payments as they can really increase to cover the cost of the extras.

#6 ·
The best thing to do when P/X a car is never tell them how much you think its worth but you are going to check it out on the net.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Then always act disappointed with what they come back with and there is little they can do about that as they have strict guidelines with regards to that price.

That's when you can start to negotiate with them with the price of the new car which they are able to adjust.

I have done this every time, say you know you car is worth £6K P/X and they only offer you £5K then they will budge on the price of the new cay by up to in my cases 70% of the difference. After they have dropped the overall price then check how much we buy any car.com will offer you. Twice in my case they have offered me more, you only have to let the ford dealer know just before you go in to get the new car that you are selling your old car privately or you must let them know before you sign for any finance as it will be documented on the if there is a P/X involved.

#8 ·
I haggled down to £21,400 for my Titanium with app pack, 18" alloys and met paint, saving approx £2,100 off the old list price (I have no privilege discounts). Then my GFV in two years is £13048 - again before the price and gfv change. I have no monthly payments, and paid the £8352 up front plus another £1100 in interest making a cost of 9,500 for two years motoring, at £4750 a year. I work for a bank that owns a leasing company and using the employee discounts on a two year lease, it would have cost me £5750 per year.

I'm not interested in being tied into Ford so wanted the biggest GFV I could find. Interestingly on a £27,000 Audi A4 Quattro, I was offered a gfv of only 12,000 so the Ford offer was much better value for me.

Edited by: Wildyce

#11 ·
I paid £21,600 for a Titanium in Vision Blue, with convenience pack, roof rails, 230V socket, floor mats, a full tank of diesel, and bluetooth with USB.

The total deposit was£2,607 (including the £1,000 Ford contribution),with a GMFV of £12,078. Monthly payments are £352 per month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.