Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if the GMFV is set by fords or by the dealer? on 29th december i got a offer from a ford dealer for a 2wd zetec panther black & app pack £15200 otr £1000 dep & £1000 ford allowance on options £203 p/m over 2 years apr 4.8 gmfv £9418 ,went back on 2nd jan because the dealer said some gate cars were to be released thought it would have been busy,not so only me the wife and another couple negociating a deal, the above deal had been removed by ford or so i am told ,and now offeredsame kuga £14850otr £2000 deposit £226.38 p/m over 2 years now gmfv is £8462 £1000 increase in gmfv over same period within 5 days and a extra input of £1000 by myself now required
is it a made up sum from ford dealers ,your comments are appreciated, i have signed for the car only to arrange the finance so am not yet totally commited .is there any further leeway in this deal or would you allconsider this is a good deal ? reply sasp please as the wife wants me to order asap. and i managed free rubber mats and a full tank of derv £50 worth

regards kev

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a decrease in my GMFV from the day I ordered the car till the day it was collected. The dealers gave me additional discount on the sale to make sure I was making the same monthly payment. Hope that helps

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't be confused by the term GMFV its just as fancy word used to help shift cars on finance. Your car will be worth nothing to you at the end of the term that you have chosen be it 1, 2 or 3 years on options
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Keeping the maths simple if they estimate that a £10k car is going to be only worth £5k in two years, then the purchaser being you must pay at least if not more than what the car has lost in value over the two years. So at the end of the two year term you would have paid with interest a figure greater than £5k, leaving an outstanding balance of £5k what they call the GMFV, but to you this is of no financial gain as it's the balance outstanding on the car that you owe. This is where the options comes in; you can pay the outstanding balance of £5K and keep the car, refinance the amount, or just give the car back.

With the option of you being able to give the car back at the end of the term fords are constantly monitoring and changing the future values of their cars so as they don't get caught short and left out of pocket. Keeping to the same figures above if you purchased a £10k car over two years and only paid £3k over this term leaving £8k outstanding on the finance, with the car now only worth £5k what would you do. Well I know what I would; GIVE IT BACK and start again with a new car as whom in their right mind would then pay £8 for a car that is only worth £5k. So to answer you question Fords set the GMVF so as they don't get caught short and left out of pocket at the end of the term.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts