Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone find changing down from 2nd to 1st gear really really stiff? Ive tried 'pumping' the clutch but it doesn't make any difference, it's also really difficult putting the car into reverse too. I don't like forcing the car into gear but sometimes thats the only way to get in gear!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, thanks for all the replies. Maybe I'm being a little hard on my Kuga she's not that old so maybe things still need to loosen up a bit! Obviously I'm stationary when trying to engage reverse, she's only the 2nd car to have the lift up collar on the reverse gear but it is difficult, however there is no grinding or crunching so that's a good sign I suppose. All the other gears are really smooth so maybe it's just me, but if after another month or so and I'm still struggling then it's going to have to be a visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Kuga has covered 1500 miles and is 3 months old and I'm still having problems with the gears, 1st to 2ndare getting a little easier but reverse is a nightmare. I find it quite painful to select it because of the collar around the lever and have to use both hands!!When I get home I always reverse on to the drive and at times I have cars sitting behind me waiting while I try to select reverse which is embarassing to say the least!!
She is going in for her courtesy check and software glitch next week so will get them to have a look. Hopefully it won't be anything too serious. Apart from this I love my Kuga too bits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.