Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, does anyone have any recommendations for a gas soldering iron, not too expensive.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
This looks similar to my Snap-on one. To be fair I prefer the electric 120watt Weller for soldering thicker wires.

For wires that will flex near the repair you are much better off with the heat shrink butt crimps but these require a proper crimping tool (I found a great set of crimpers for £20 but took 3 weeks to arrive!).

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Keith. I had a feeling you may have one. I bought a heat shrink set from Lidl. Not sure if they will be any good but handy if they are.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The Lidl heat shrink sleeves packs are fine, we bought a 50 meter roll for work (get through a fair amount of the stuff!).

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's good to know. I wasn't sure where I needed to be with the soldering iron. Anywhere from £6 to £80 on Amazon and Weller was the only name I knew. I actually found the Ferm one in Amazon and it has a good review.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Lidl heat shrink sleeves packs are fine, we bought a 50 meter roll for work (get through a fair amount of the stuff!).
The Ferm soldering iron arrived today. I don't know why I didn't get one of these years ago. So much faster than my electric one. Thanks Keith.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts