Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to remove the fuel pump in the fuel tank and how to access it...
Pictures or a quide would be much appreciated....

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
I have seen on alternative to removing the tank and I certainly would not be cutting a hole in the floor of my car. The tank needs to come off. Make sure the filler neck (where you stick your fuel in) isn't the problem as raised by one member.

Reactions: Dansyaman

·
Registered
Ford Kuga titanium mk1 2tdci 2010
23 Posts
I have seen on alternative to removing the tank and I certainly would not be cutting a hole in the floor of my car. The tank needs to come off. Make sure the filler neck (where you stick your fuel in) isn't the problem as raised by one member.
Thanks, what's the filler neck problem!

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
It's something I read ages ago where a mk1 owner was struggling to start his car with air bubbles in the fuel line. He traced it back to the filler neck. replaced that and no more issues. Not sure if I have saved the link on my other laptop so will check.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga titanium mk1 2tdci 2010
23 Posts
It's something I read ages ago where a mk1 owner was struggling to start his car with air bubbles in the fuel line. He traced it back to the filler neck. replaced that and no more issues. Not sure if I have saved the link on my other laptop so will check.
Thank you
I managed to get it started today, I checked fuses, which were all ok
Tried starting it again and it eventually started
Very strange as it wouldn't have it at all yesterday, I couldn't see any fuel pumping to the filter
I will keep my eye on it over the next few days

·
Registered
2008 Zetec Kuga Mk1
93 Posts
I have seen on alternative to removing the tank and I certainly would not be cutting a hole in the floor of my car. The tank needs to come off.
I 100% agree, do not be the one who carves a hole into a fuel tank. After I bought my car I found the below hole had been made with an angle grinder. The gap does narrow to the tank so if you get it wrong you slice the fuel tank and that's a whole new level of job to do

Lets put it this way. I've seen the gap I have first hand, if I got asked to do it on another car I'd politely decline...

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
Have a read here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts