Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 66 plate 2.0 diesel Kuga in for repair at my local Ford dealer at the moment. It had shown no signs of any issues, no warning lights or anything detiorating on it etc. when all of a sudden whilst driving it around 3 weeks ago, the engine warning light came on it went into limp mode.

I took it into the Ford garage and they replaced the fuel filters and throttle body at a cost of around £400. Went to pick it up and it did exactly the same thing literally as soon as I pulled off the forecourt. Left it with them and they've had it for the last 2 weeks testing the fuel pump.

After chasing several times and it not sounding like they knew what was wrong with it, they've now come back and said that the fuel pump is faulty (but they can repair this rather than replace it) and all 4 fuel injectors need replacing at a cost of £200 odd each.

I questioned whether the initial repair (filters and throttle) was actually needed but they've said that replacing these got rid of 2 fault codes/lights so they did need doing as well.

I'm no car expert but this doesn't sound right to me. The car is just over 3 years old having done 25000 miles so relatively speaking, fairly new. For fuel filters, throttle body, 4 fuel injectors and a fuel pump to all become faulty out of the blue with no prior warning sounds odd.

Can anyone advise whether this could be plausible or whether there's something else going on here.

Regards

·
Super Moderator
610 Posts
I agree with your next to last para...it doesn't seem to be a reasonable conclusion for the garage to have reached

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

I phoned another Ford dealer to ask their opinion as well and they also agreed it's highly unlikely and certainly very unlucky for all of that to fail.

Have raised it with Ford Customer Relations and they are going to speak to the dealership to investigate and come back to me on Monday.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Typical dealer. Throw parts at it and see what happens. There is no way all those would be faulty on a car that age and mileage.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts