Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kuga, Titanium, Panther Black
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a great day, as after 4 days, the Kuga is back with the Ford main dealer.

Filled up on Sunday with a tank of V-Power, only to be welcomed by a small puddle of diesel under the tank on Monday morning.

Used the Kuga on Monday, quite a run, so tank down a bit.

This morning, similar again. Another small puddle.

Rang the dealer, and dropped it off early today. Phone call this afternoon, telling me that they couldn't see any fault, and for me to collect it.

After a bit more pressure, they agreed to investigate further. Forward to a bit later, and a call to tell me that the fuel filler seal needs replacing. At least 2 days to get one! Leaving me high and dry, csr-less, until the end of the week.

Eventually spoke with a manager, who has promised to call back in thr morning once he speaks with the service manager.

They also told me they'd have to drain the tank. I've asked for a refill, not unacceptable as this isn't my fault.

Has anyone else any experience of this issue? I love the Kuga, but the dealer was seriously unhelpful until I mentioned returning it!

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
458 Posts
It's a car things go wrong, how many miles has this got on it ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a car things go wrong, how many miles has this got on it ?
Fully understand, it's one of those things. Just found the dealers attitude very unhelpful! At least I hope the problem has been located......

Mileage at about 45700.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,787 Posts
I haven't heard of this problem for a number of years since my daughter had her 08 plate Focus. She was told it was quite common. Yours is the first report I have seen on the mk2 Kuga although one owner with a MK1 had issues with his starting and the fuel filler was the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read a long thread about the Mk. 1 problem, with one member suggesting his leak was worse with V-Power!

All issues were in about 2009, so confused as to why I'm suffering the same problem......

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,787 Posts
Just unlucky I guess. I doubt the type of fuel is the cause. We used to have a problem with either our 09 or 12 plate Fiesta in that it was difficult to get the pump nozzle in and difficult to pull it out. The wife used to complain about it all the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's back!

Got the call this afternoon - part arrived this morning (much quicker than originally thought), and the dealership kindly rearranged some work to get it done today. That was appreciated, especially the way events were going yesterday!

They actually fitted a new fuel filler pipe. Not an inexpensive part - let alone the labour. Being done under warranty, one of the main reasons I bought from there.

Got chance to leave it overnight, and monitor any more leaks. Hopeful that it's been cured!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts