Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not to waste a nice sunny day, I decided to prep the Kuga for what winter has to offer it.

First up was to wash and decomtaminate the wheels using Iron X with an assortment of brushes and microfibres, this was followed by a snow foam covering the entire car, allowed to dwell for 15 minutes which gave me time to go around to clean arches, door shuts and badges. Snow foam rinsed off to allow me to wash using Meguirers Gold Class Shampoo.
Next up was apply Iron X to the Kuga, this showed how much fallout was trapped in the paintwork, this stuff is amazing as it makes the car bleed. Kuga washed again and towel dried using my fluffy microfibre drying towels.

Kuga poilshed with AG Resin Polish. Leaving a nice glossy white finish. A refuel for me and I was off again, this time applying Dodo Juice Light Fantastic wax. This left to cure for 20 minutes per panel, which gave me time to clean glass with AG Fast Glass, then applied Rain X. Wax buffed off which left me to dress tyres with AG Tyre Shine and dress the door rubbers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice job Stupot.

Just done ours recently using snow foam, clay bar (1st time - great results) and mostly Chemical Guys products. Sorry no pictures to show

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick update.
After a wash over the weekend, and the downpours today, I'm quiet impressed with the beading.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Stupot,

Looks lovely! Those bobbles of water would make a lovely screen saver

I'm waiting for some dry weather to wax mine ready for the winter.

How are you finding the mk2 compared to the mk1 now you've got used to it?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KugaCat said:
Hi Stupot,

Looks lovely! Those bobbles of water would make a lovely screen saver

I'm waiting for some dry weather to wax mine ready for the winter.

How are you finding the mk2 compared to the mk1 now you've got used to it?
Hi KugaCat

There's no comparison, the cabin is a nice place to sit with better level of quality materials and the blues needles on the dials are more pleasing to the eye.

Miss the split tailgate, but having the auto boot release is a nice touch. I don't think the sat nav is better than my previous one.

The lane wandering and blind spot indicators are good along with the speed limit recognition.

How are you getting on with yours?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I can't believe Ive had her for 19 months already!
I agree, the mk2 is so much better, now Ive got used the looks I actually think it's a better looking car all round. I'm always smiling when I drive it, especially when she's been washed and waxed!

It definitely feels more sure-footed even though it's on 19 inch wheels.
The self-parking, I didn't trust to start with but when it got me into a tight space next to a wall that gave me confidence in it.

I love the hands-free tailgate, brilliant when Ive got a saddle and bridle to put in the boot.

The technology is amazing when I consider what my first car was like!

I'm very happy with it. I'm pleased you are enjoying your's too, you wouldn't put all that effort into it keeping it looking lovely otherwise

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Over the weekend, managed to fully detail the Kuga. Rinse, snow foam, wash, clay, Iron X, wash, dry, polish and wax.

Today it rains, although not a problem, as I do enjoy seeing that amount of beading.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks good. Beading is almost as good as what I get on mine after it's been waxed with Colinite - if raining tomorrow I'll grab a snap to show you.
Edited by: Musketeer

·
Registered
350 Posts
I use Collinite too. Great polish

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I'm a new member, had my Mk2 KUGA Titanium X since June last year, I am very interested in the body work treatment you use, mine is also a Frozen white. It was a couple of months old when I bought it, ex managers car, never used, delivery only. It's fully loaded with all the bits, i've added a few, I like it very much, just had it remapped by Black Code, BHP upto 201 now very nice & masses of torque, where do you get the wax etc, cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got my Collinite from Amazon - have a look here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_2_6?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=collinite&sprefix=colini%2Caps%2C828

1 - 13 of 13 Posts