Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned the front window this evening with RainX, the problem was I can't lift either of the wiper blades more than a couple of inches before the wiper arm hits the back edge of the bonnet.
Has anyone had the same problem? Or do the wiper arms need moving round slightly on the splines to miss the bonnet when lifted!

Any comments would be appreciated before I go backtothe dealer

Cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
mine is exactly the same.

Let me know how the rain-x goes as I never found it any good on the fron screens as the wipers seem to have a problem clearing the screen once it is applied, they smear. Really good on the others.
Edited by: cornish

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't you have to move the wipers to the service position, and then you can lift them up...... And RainX is fine if you wipe it off properly or rinse off with water - I've never had a problem with smearing.....Edited by: Wildyce

·
Registered
69 Posts
1. Turn ignition switch to position II
2. Move he wiper level to position A and turn the ignition off as soon as the wiper blades have reached the service position
3. Remove the ignition key

Ok - I quoted this from page 48 of the manual I downloaded - wow, not easy! Isn't the Kuga keyless? You have to dismantle the keyfob and pop the ignition key cover just to get to the service position!

·
Registered
227 Posts
This must be copied from another model.

Just fiddling in the showroom... If you press the "Ford Power" button when the key is in the vehicle (but not with ur foot on the clutch so it doesnt start) then the ignition lights come on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Spose pressing the button again at just the right moment will stop the wipers in the "service postion"??? I'm just guessing now!?!?

·
Registered
130 Posts
amser said:
Spose pressing the button again at just the right moment will stop the wipers in the "service postion"??? I'm just guessing now!?!?

Went to the local hand wash place and due to language issues I had to put a plastic glove over the fuel filler held in place with a hair elastic ring (to stop them Jet Washing water into the fuel tank) and I also put the wipers into the service poistion to stop them damaging the bonnet.

1. Press power button without depressing the clutch to turn on the ignition

2. Flick wiper lever down for signle wipe

3. Press power button again when wipers are in service postion

The ignition is turned off and the wipers remain in the service position until the ignition is back on or the engine is started.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Raptor, will try it later.

The RainX is not the full application type (apply, let dry, clean off with rag and warm water then dry) but a window cleaner that does the same thing. Think it is their new product.It is a500ml plastic containerwith trigger spray, works very well and I haven't hadany smears.

Got it Halfords

·
Registered
108 Posts
just for those wondering what the service position is, as the wipers will carry on to cycle if you dont turn the ignition off... as the wipers get to the highest position (mid cycle), as they wipe the screen,hit the power button to kill the ignition! Then the wipers can be lifted off the screen without clashing with the bonnet!

Just wondering why the car wash boys above would jet wash the internal parts of the filler cap - is this really needed??? As you mention water in the fuel tank could lead to big problems!
Edited by: applematt

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Applematt, when I went to the Asylums the first time I noticed the filler cap flapping as they were Jet Washing and then found water in the filler before the trap door which I dried out with Kitchen Roll and was concerned whether any water could have gotten into the Tank.

Next time I asked them to be careful with the Jet Wash near the filler cap but there was a language barrier and I had the same problem.

If only Ford had a locking cap with release lock like the handbook said there should be, then there would not be a problem. I am watching the thread about the 3rd party retro internal locking cap that fits the neck with interest and may invest in one if the reports are good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts