Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, what do people use that long "pocket" on dash directly below windscreen for. I have found my portable sat nav fits quite nicely but am wondering what ford think it is for??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Never used it at all. Seems a bit poor to me. I used the one in my old Octavia all the time as it has a lid. Was great for keys and swip cards for work, elec doors, etc. but don't want them on show so they now go in the lip of the glove box.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree - totally useless. If you put the sat nav up there, have you found some power supply you can get up there ? Now that would be handy !

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bazandkim said:
I agree - totally useless. If you put the sat nav up there, have you found some power supply you can get up there ? Now that would be handy !

just a trailing wire to the power point or on battery, but it is quite a good position for looking at the screen though wouldnt want to reach forward to change anything while driving

mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
KugaCat said:
I think it's for maps isn't it? I don't think many people use those these days!!

Cheeky!
I don't have sat-nav so the odd time might see me produce a map. anyway if i did carry a map around i wouldn't put it in that front pocket,i agree it's pretty useless and anything that you would put in there would reflect onto the inside of the windscreen...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi BigG,
I don't have a Sat-Nav either but I'm absolutely usless at reading maps!!

You are right about the reflection though. I got talking to someone in a fuel station and they had a C-Max which suffers the same problem. He placed some black cloth, stuck down with velcro,on the top part of the dash which, he said, helped.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The plastic liner for this tray is probably the only part of my Kuga trim that doesn't fit well. It curves slightly on the long car edge so never seems to sit flush with the rest of the dash. One of these days I'm going to put some silicon sealer glue under it and try to fix it down and see if that holds it flat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts