Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Has anyone ever had to remove the front grille from a mk2 kuga mines a 2018 tit x. I understand that you have to remove the front bumper but can not find any information anywhere. My Grille got damaged when parking at one of my customer facility.
A steel bracket sticking out from a wall punched the centre grille bar and broke it.
And do not want to go to the local stealership to get it repaired.
If anyone has a procedure for this that would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David,

Sorry I did not reply earlier been working away all week. I checked out your suggested thread and searched beyond it but nothing covers the later model Kuga or Escape.
I have had a go at seeing how the front bumper is attached but there are hidden fixing holding it in place. It would be nice to know where these fixings are and what type they are. Any job is easy to do if you know how to do it.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just checking if you managed to book your car in to have this replaced? I would take it to a non-dealer Ford garage to cut down the cost.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just phoned my local Ford garage (non-dealer)
and they wanted £34.50 plus VAT to swap the grille over so I'm going to book mine in sharpish to change the grille - bargain!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just phoned my local Ford garage (non-dealer)
and they wanted £34.50 plus VAT to swap the grille over so I'm going to book mine in sharpish to change the grille - bargain!
Hi SiJY
Loving the look on yours. I'm struggling to find the honeycomb grill to order anywhere, and it all the threads on here and US site are left unfinished. I'm due to pick up my 19 plate 1.5 TDCi ST next week and one of the only mods I want to do to it really. I'm part exchanging my 65 Focus Zetec S so going to miss the honeycomb. It's definitely an option Ford should have made rather than saving it until latest model.

Anyway! If you can point me in the right direction? I'm thinking of taking it to a garage also as don't fancy the fiddling about.
Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi, my Grille is from the Kuga Vignale model bought from Ford new with Ford discount so only cost me around £160 but without discount around £200. The problem is fitting. Ford would probably charge at least £200+ as the whole front bumper needs removing to fit it which is very labour intensive.
Luckily it oniy cost me £80 cash to a non-Ford dealership as when they priced it up they didn't realise it would take so long.
That's why most people dont bother in the end.
Also the Vignale grille needs a different grille backing which I didn't need thankfully as the garage just cut out the plastic trim behind to fit it.A bit daunting on a new car bur looks good.
There is a similar grille on the Ali Express website if you just sesrch for Ford Kuga/Escape (US Kuga model) grille which is cheaper and better IMO as it is gloss black. My grille is very dark grey honeycomb but looks black.
I hope this helps!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Also I had to vinly wrap the chrome part on mine too which costs another £100+ cash. Not a cheap mod this grille. 😬

1 - 8 of 8 Posts