Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum, can someone offer some guidance please. I’ve got a 2016 Kuga Titanium X 2.0 diesel with 25k miles on the clock. It’s developed a sort of clunking noise from the front end which occurs whenever the brake pedal is depressed, even very lightly. It doesn’t happen when the car is braked when going in reverse. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Mileage is very low but could some suspension bush be worn so soon? Many thanks

·
Mr. Helpful & Still a Moderator
Kuga, Titanium X Sport 2016
521 Posts
Maybe a loose caliper? As @Psshaw says 1st check would be discs and pads... 😊

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
129 Posts
Discs & pads are not the problem. It is either the floating piston caliper or the brake pad carrier that is clunking. Caliper/carrier bolt /s may not have been torqued down correctly. If one is indeed loose, you need to get it looked at before it throws a bolt, and puts you deep in $hit street.

Suspension or running gear is very highly unlikely.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Could also be alloy wheel bolts loose. Which you definitely want to get sorted ASAP if thats the case!!
(I speak from experience here, and it was a code brown moment when my wheel came off at 50mph on a dual carriageway!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Discs & pads are not the problem. It is either the floating piston caliper or the brake pad carrier that is clunking. Caliper/carrier bolt /s may not have been torqued down correctly. If one is indeed loose, you need to get it looked at before it throws a bolt, and puts you deep in $hit street.

Suspension or running gear is very highly unlikely.
Ok great thanks I’ll get this looked at asap, cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could also be alloy wheel bolts loose. Which you definitely want to get sorted ASAP if thats the case!!
(I speak from experience here, and it was a code brown moment when my wheel came off at 50mph on a dual carriageway!)
Ok thanks, I checked wheel nuts with a torque wrench and they all seem done up nicely

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
611 Posts
If you know a local decent dependant garage, ask them to put it on the rolling brake tester (if they have one) or onto a ramp, get it up in the air and go underneath and give all of the braking, steering, suspension and subframe anchorage points a good inspection.

Reactions: Psshaw
1 - 9 of 9 Posts