Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a problem with all-wheel drive. The part in the picture was left without gears. Is it possible to find this part new? It is a Kuga 2.0 140hp automatic
Thank you

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,453 Posts
I believe it comes as part of the PTU as in your picture. Is it the Powershift gearbox?.

Volvo list them as an "AWD Angle Drive Coupling". Their MPS6 gearbox is our 6DCT450 Powershift (exactly the same gearbox).

This seller may be worth a message as they do a few Volvo couplers, may be able to supply Ford as well?.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
267 Posts
Jesus Mary and Joseph and the wee Donkey, has the spline completely stripped out. What was the cause of that.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know the reason, but this winter I noticed that awd doesn't work. I bought the car a few months ago.
I contacted the seller from the picture above, they probably have that part, but I'm waiting for confirmation.

I am from Serbia, and its a problem to find spare parts like this.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,453 Posts
This was our old one at 5 years old, 60,000 miles.

Really they need removing and some anti corrosion paste applying at service but it's a right job removing the PTU and likely a gearbox drain to do.

Bit of a daft design really, my new one which luckily came with my new gearbox had a liberal coating of coppa-slip..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts