Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Today both the front and rear washer jets stopped spraying. The washer bottle was full, and the pump running. No problem with headlamp washers.

If I pump the jet lever I get a little squirt, but if I pull the lever and leave the motor on for a long time I get nothing.

No signs of leaks etc. Flushed the washer bottle out with hosepipe for 10 minutes and still no change.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi everyone

Today both the front and rear washer jets stopped spraying. The washer bottle was full, and the pump running. No problem with headlamp washers.

If I pump the jet lever I get a little squirt, but if I pull the lever and leave the motor on for a long time I get nothing.

No signs of leaks etc. Flushed the washer bottle out with hosepipe for 10 minutes and still no change.

Any ideas?
I'd guess a failed pump impeller.... disconnect one of the fluid hoses to the washer nozzle thats on the bonnet. try spraying (the pump, not yourself!), if nothing comes out, it'll be the pump and not the nozzle. unlikely that you'd simultaneously block both front and rear sprayers at the same time. I'd imagine a replacement pump is easily sourced online.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Have you taken off the bonnet lining and checked the connections to the Jets?
I had the same issue, turned out a pipe had come off the passenger jet and it has lost pressure.
mines the MK2 Tit x sport and they are just a push in design.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had this few months ago, dribble from jets. Could hear all motors. Booked into Fords for investigation. Came back that there was a blockage. Apparently some cheaper screen fluids turn gunky and block the supply pipes, can't remember if they said there was some sort of filter inline. Anyway, was quick fix at dealer.

Strangely I didn't think I bought cheap screen wash or used too strong ???

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Gentlemen,

Crisis averted for the moment. I think the washer fluid may have been contaminated ( it was a botttle I had had for 6 months), I think flushing the washer bottle with a garden hose may have helped.

I had the breakdown people out, courtesy of Admiral Insurance, and the guy turned up and said " I dont know why my boss sends me to these, I a a recovery driver." However he had a rootle around, got soaked when standing over the drivers headlight, looking into the washer bottle, and told me to operate the washers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Any way, when he left if I rappidly pumped the operating lever the front wahers came back to life. The same with the rear.

I don't know if there is a filter on the pumps and this had got blocked, or the fresh claen tap water dissolved the blockage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts