Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup - baby number 2 is due and I wouldnt rule out number 3 judging by the size of the missus so its goodbye to the Focus ST3 and hello Kuga Titanium TDCi.

And its hello Kuga Owners Club while I am still a member of Focusstoc too!

Had the ST 2 years and done practically every mod that can be done to it so I'm now in the process of stripping and selling the mods before I sell it and pick up my Kuga.

Going for a 2009 58 plate in Vision Blue with All the packs on it (X-pack, convenience pack etc) and Premium Nav as well as 18" wheels, towbar (which I will be selling right away) and power converter.

Looking to give it a good going over from the word off by means of Code Red remap and chequers and am also looking at the MS Design kit they do for it too

Look forward to being a member here and hopefully bringing something new to the table!
My best mate is a parts guru at Ford so I will help anyway I can with that side of things!

Anyhow here's some pics of my current and soon to be going ST
I wish I could keep both!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi Kuga Jon

Welcome to the Forum, congratulations on the baby front. Your Focus ST3 looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing your Kuga after the "good going over", please post some pictures when it's finished.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There's a few guys on here gone from ST's to Kuga's, myself one of them, i have found driving the kuga has taken alot of 'aggression' out of my driving, love the kuga but i do sometimes miss my ST, especially when comming across neds in a corsa with a dust bin for an exhaust, so if you find you cant burn them off in the kuga, do what i do....drive over them (joke)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi Kuga Jon N i c e. Re: Neds. Say what you like SILICA666 the Kuga may not be quick but it's "Still Game"

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys -with my attitude of "if it can be retrofitted then I'll do it" I hope I will be able to assist some of you if you need any help or have questions over retrofitting of items on the Kuga. One member has already asked about the Bluetooth and Voice control and having already successfully done this to my ST I think we can get it working in the Kuga if you guys are interested?

I have done all the Code Red stuff to the Focus and plan to add the remap to the Kuga cos I have kept my handset and maybe a few cosmetic mods to start but I will say that the Archers OF Ashby prices are excessive and can probably be bettered by miles by going to Profile themselves in Stockport who supply the Code Red bits!

I will hopefully try to get a few discounts sorted for the club through various contacts I have.
I am still Bucks Regional Coordinator of the FFOC (Ford Focus Owners Club) so maybe it would be cool to get something going with them concerning shows and stuff next summer!!!

Anyhow - cheers for the welcome and as for the loss of power - how many of you have driven a 180 bhp Kuga with 402nm of torque - if its anything like Code Red's TDCi Focus then it'll make you smile

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update - picked up the Kuga from Motors Coalville yesterday and have been smiling ever since

Yeah it may be 160bhp less than my Focus ST but the whole driving experience on the Kuga is on another level.

Back are the toys I missed so much like Cruise and I must admit the towbar is so inconspicuous that I'm keeping that too (came in a little black bag that fits nicely in the spare wheel surrounds!) plus I can get a rack that fits on it for my mountain bike!

Some of the mods I mentioned above are already out the window cos the Kuga is an awesome motor to look at the way it is and the Vision Blue is a great colour!

Spec I got in the end was as follows (went for a 7 month old one with 2000 miles on the clock)

Titanium X pack
Appearance Pack
Convenience Pack
Premium Sat Nav with reverse camera
Tow Bar
18" alloys

Oh and it has the seat trays

All I'm currently looking to add are these bits...

Climair deflectors
RGM rear bumper protector
Mudflaps
Kuga plastic boot mat
Aluminium Foot pedals

Does anyone know if the plastic boot mat fits with the spare wheel being in there too? Was thinking the lip of the boot liner might be higher cos of the increased height of the floor carpet?

Edited by: Kuga Jon

·
Registered
368 Posts
welcome Jon,
I also had a st2 white with the blue stripes on it
before my First black Kuga

now I have the Vision 2 wheel Titanium , with all the extras including the bigger wheels
I may go back to the ST as I hear there is a new shape coming out , about 12 months off

Edited by: speedy

·
Registered
368 Posts
wow
i like that

may have to take a look at one of them
before paying out for the ST

·
Registered
374 Posts
WELCOME

Sweet looking st, as ever, an the st3 even more beautiful, what a sacrifice.......but of course, Kuga is worth it........
Edited by: the undertaker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts