Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you do then I want four and working on my fifth lol.
But if you only get them for useful posts, you wouldn't have 1 yet 🤭

On the other hand, if you get them for words used, you'd have about 30!

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
Whatever happened to the “off topic” post what you want. How many get out of jail cards are there in a game of Monopoly?

You mean this one.

Claim to be from Hull and receive special dispensation and a mod/super mod pardon.
I have some special shoes made from polypropylene which allow me to walk on water.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,017 Posts
Yes we know you was a "Black Rat" Psshaw, bet you miss all that flying thro the traffic on yer bike mate.

I changed my Mr Man to the PROPPER Mr Happy.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
Yes we know you was a "Black Rat" Psshaw, bet you miss all that flying thro the traffic on yer bike mate.

I changed my Mr Man to the PROPPER Mr Happy.
Took Mrs Shaw out for a ride, t’other day. In less than 5 mins saw three people on mobile phones. Needless to say , I had raised my octaves and was gesturing like, a mad French driver.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,017 Posts
Once a copper.......................always a copper mate.

I really get the hump when I see people on mobile driving, I gesture in a more negative way than you I would imagine (get the fook of the phone) is normally my words................quit aggressively I may add :mad:

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
Once a copper.......................always a copper mate.

I really get the hump when I see people on mobile driving, I gesture in a more negative way than you I would imagine (get the fook of the phone) is normally my words................quit aggressively I may add :mad:
I love the way they use speaker phone and hold the phone in front of their face! Like that makes any difference :rolleyes::confused:

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
Took Mrs Shaw out for a ride, t’other day. In less than 5 mins saw three people on mobile phones. Needless to say , I had raised my octaves and was gesturing like, a mad French driver.
I usually note people messaging whilst in traffic or traffic lights. You can't miss them as they continuously keep looking down. I usually try and clock the ones behind me in my mirror and then set off quick and leave them sat there. Not being sexist but it's nearly always women. A good one the other day outside my house when a car stopped to give way and the van behind him nearly went up his backside and the van driver was in the phone.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
Can’t resist a wee tale....
Was out one day inn Huddersfield many years ago. A young female drove past me on the phone.
Promptly pulled her up to learn she had passed her test a few hours earlier. Didn’t flinch when I gave her three points and a fine.

Two days later same road, same person and she was on the phone again. Another ticket for her and she just didn’t seem bothered at all. That was until I dropped in that she would lose her license for six months.

In the later years of my service I was giving a plain car to go out in. An average of 8-10 a day for using their phones.

And finally the force hired a tractor unit to catch other truck drivers out. I was one of four that were allowed to drive it. The amount of folk we stopped for phone, laptop use was appalling. Foreign truck drivers, you wouldn’t believe the stories.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
I have seen the Police Stop series or whatever it's called where they use a truck to catch truck drivers. Some serious accidents been caused by distracted truck drivers. They brought the laws in to stop having the phone in your hand but what about cars like ours where you can use the touch screen to ring someone. Voice control isn't always accurate and you still end up looking at the screen.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Many new cars now have 1 central control panel for everything, we had a Picasso that was like that, so you could never stop people from using a touch screen while on the move. If they do, then an awful lot of car manufacturers will need to redesign their dashboards.

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
Well, lots of cars have hands free but your supposed to be parked up and the handbrake set.

If you were found to be using your hands free kit and you were involved in a bump that required a serious look into your driving at the time, ie potential fatal etc, you’d be looking at being charged for an offence.

The most basic way to look at it and we used to say this. “If you did that on a driving test, would you pass?” If the answer is no, then it’s wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
If that's the case about the hands free only being used when you're parked, then why do the manufacturers allow it to work when the car is in motion?

If you can't talk hands free while driving in case you get distracted, what about when you have passengers? Should you not be talking to them either? What about if you have a screaming kid, that's more distracting than talking surely.

BTW, I'm not trying to start a massive debate here.......

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
I only use my hands free for ringing for a Chinese on a Friday. I preset it when I set off so I only have to press dial on the way which is usually at the traffic lights 10 minutes from destination.

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
He's in Denial!
2,299 Posts
I don’t know andypandy. Simple as that. I think the present stats are, you are 4 times more likely to be involved in an “incident” if talking on your phone.

I use mine, like you say it’s there.

It’s the first thing the “firm” will look at, closely followed by accessing the cars EMU or whatever it’s modern day name is. This lists all your driving data, speed gear, everything.

It’s over 5 years since I waved at them all, as I drove off into the sunset. I’m sure nothings changed. I’ll do some research to support my statement.

·
Super Moderator
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I know people that find walking difficult, so I fully get that they shouldn't be trying to do anything other than give driving their full attention.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,685 Posts
At times I agree that chatting whilst driving can be a distraction. I usually find the biggest distraction is when I am in conversation with the wife when she's sat next to me.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,216 Posts
I only use my hands free for ringing for a Chinese on a Friday. I preset it when I set off so I only have to press dial on the way which is usually at the traffic lights 10 minutes from destination.
I love that you have your favourite Chinese takeaway on speed dial :ROFLMAO:
If that's the case about the hands free only being used when you're parked, then why do the manufacturers allow it to work when the car is in motion?

If you can't talk hands free while driving in case you get distracted, what about when you have passengers? Should you not be talking to them either? What about if you have a screaming kid, that's more distracting than talking surely.

BTW, I'm not trying to start a massive debate here.......
Now you've gone and done it :p
The most basic way to look at it and we used to say this. “If you did that on a driving test, would you pass?” If the answer is no, then it’s wrong.
Fart? Discuss my sex life? Take a scenic drive detour? :p

41 - 60 of 85 Posts