Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 plate Kuga registered at the end of January 2019 with less than 4000 miles on the clock purchased from Pentagon Fords In Runcorn.

On a recent day out I had to return home with the amber engine management light on. I called Pentagon who informed it, it would be dangerous to drive and they would come and pick the vehicle up the following day. When I enquired about a courtesy car I was told they had none and that these have to be booked in advance, If only I had taken out the optional extra Crystal ball. After eight days I was finally granted a hire car from Fords UK but only after kicking up a fuss and spreading the word all over social media. Ford car hire informed me on a Friday that they would ask their partners, Enterprise to hire me a vehicle. Enterprise called me that evening to say they had no vehicles and were trying to source one for me. On the Saturday Enterprise rang and told me they could only get me a Fiesta which I told them was no good for me at all. I told Enterprise any other similar vehicle to the Kuga would do, they told me Ford Hire would only sanction the hire of a Ford. I told Enterprise I would take a Focus Estate or a Mondeo to which I was told, ford will not give us any of these vehicles, what a complete shambles. On the Monday eight days without any transport, ( I am disabled), I finally got a Ford Kuga.

I was informed by the Pentagon service department that the part that I needed, the Diesel particulate filter was on back order as Ford did not have any, Fords one of the biggest car manufacturers on the planet could not get parts for its own vehicles, another shambles. I was informed that my part would arrive on the Friday. I got in touch with my son who works at a Fords parts depot and he informed me that there were eight on back order for the whole of the UK. Friday came and went, nothing, on Saturday I was called by Pentagon service informing me the part was due in on Monday. The part arrived on Monday afternoon so my car did not get back to me till Tuesday, over two weeks after my new car had developed a fault.

I have since found out that this is a common fault on 1.5dci vehicles that Fords know about but will not admit. If you have one of these Kuga's since the face lift be warned the parts can fail at any time but Fords will not do anything till it does and if you are out of warranty you are out of luck.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles and pleased you got sorted out, but, as others on the Forum have found out, myself included ......Ford Customer Service is s**t

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ford (and other manufactures) are good and developing most things. A door hinge that lasts 4,000,000 cycles.

But then they have to add bits for the different countries legalisation, and just bung them bits on.

Then usually it all goes to rat S**t, because they slapped it on without testing.

You will find suddenly a 'new system' or improved wotsit on later models..

Smells of BS and probably usually is!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
No dpf issues on my Kuga and I only do short runs. I don't labour the engine though and it does get a little blast most weekends for about 10 minutes. Not sure which engine is in the 1.5 but it seems odd the DPF has failed after only 4k. I drove my Mazda 6 with the for light on for 100's miles with it after a failed regeneration and it still wasn't blocked with soot and the car had done 80k. Sounds to me like a ford fob off or the mechanic who has checked the car doesn't know what he's doing because usually the only time a DPF is knackered is because it's full of ash and if that was the case there would have been warning lights on before now. I would be making further enquiries with the garage and asking for the fault codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts