Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2ltr diesel titanium x 2016 mk2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a kuga 2ltr titanium x 16 plate I would like to upgrade my radio. To have normal radio plus dab. sat nav. Reversing camera. Bluetooth. And works from steering wheel as normal. Any suggestions what will work. It's a minefield out their. And not all tells the truth. Thank you all in advance.
Martin.

·
Registered
2015 Kuga Titanium 2.0 TDCi
85 Posts
What system do you currently have? Based on the year I believe it should be a Sync 2 system which should already have DAB and Bluetooth.
Do you currently have a reverse camera?

·
Registered
Kuga 2ltr diesel titanium x 2016 mk2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply. It is sync 2 but I would like a new unit with reversing camera and all extras. Also to stream from phone.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,830 Posts
Why not just upgrade to Sync 3.

Personally I would not put an android unit in if you was thinking of going that route as they all seem to come from the far east so warranty could be an issue. All the ones I have seen have a slow boot up time and may devalue the car unless you put it back to standard when selling. Instructions with one of those could be fun.

Connects2 do a range of fascia adapter plates but I know the one that replaces the sync 1 unit is ugly and that's being kind. Not sure what their fascia adapter looks like for a sync 2 system but at least you could then buy a decent unit like a Kenwood or Sony double din but it's probably cheaper and easier just to go sync 3.

You can add any after market camera to the sync system. It doesn't need to be a ford one.

Reactions: RonnieM

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,925 Posts
You can stream from your phone to Sync 2, also you should have Sat Nav but if you don't, it's easily activated on Sync 2.

As Martin has said already though, upgrading to Sync 3 is a much better option rather than a cheap Chinese version of god knows what.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts