Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Mk3 1.5 EcoBlue 120 PS 8 Speed Automatic ST-Line X Editon. ecs as at 5 Oct
10 Posts
Update on Ford Pass. Whilst sitting in my living room, I tried to access the app. Greeted with the message: "Vehicle in motion. FordPass is locked while in motion and connected to SYNC. Please be aware that your phone's data plan will be used. Stay safe and keep your eyes on the road!"
Anyone got a solution to anchor the flimsy luggage shelf? I live in Scotland and with the winds, all I have to do is open the boot and it unhinges itself.

·
Super Moderator
7,035 Posts
Some have drilled and tapped with better catches.
I wouldn’t be doing doing that. !

Someone who has been brave and done that will advise. 👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got an update from my dealer re this problems. Focus, pumas, vans & of course Kugas are all affected. Ford have now acknowledged to them there is a problem and are looking into it to provide a solution.

·
Registered
Kuga ST- Line X PHEV - All bells and whistles
74 Posts
Update on Ford Pass. Whilst sitting in my living room, I tried to access the app. Greeted with the message: "Vehicle in motion. FordPass is locked while in motion and connected to SYNC. Please be aware that your phone's data plan will be used. Stay safe and keep your eyes on the road!"
Anyone got a solution to anchor the flimsy luggage shelf? I live in Scotland and with the winds, all I have to do is open the boot and it unhinges itself.
I used two zip ties, they are wound round the plastic clip and round bar in the best manner (took a couple of goes to figure best way) to secure them.

Since then no more popping has occurred, either due to wind or luggage piled a bit too high. I'm in Scotland as well.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Mk3 1.5 EcoBlue 120 PS 8 Speed Automatic ST-Line X Editon. ecs as at 5 Oct
10 Posts
Motability stated there was no requirement to have a first year service. If I wished to do so, I could take the car to the dealer for a check up if I wanted to. They're happy to go with the Ford service plan which requires a first service at 18,000 miles or 2 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. PHEV kuga too. Pass app worked flawlessly for a year. Last week the remote start/stop/lock functions stopped working. Followed all the troubleshooting solutions. Nothing. Contacted Ford help live chat. Eventually the reply I received
Font Rectangle Electric blue Terrestrial plant Parallel

·
Registered
123 Posts
I received yesterday the mail from Ford with more details. It said starting June 1st the applink functions would stop working. Realtime traffic function would be disabled starting July 28nd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I bought a a Kuga PHEV about a year ago and the downloaded and set up the FordPass app. Everything was working fine and I was constantly receiving message from the car even when the doors were opened and where it was parked at any particular point. A few months a go all these messages stopped. Is there a reason for this? Did Ford stop this feature in one of their updates of the App or have I done something inadvertently?

·
Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
166 Posts
IIRC one of the updates turned off the notifiations. Check they are enabled on your phone settings for the app.

Reactions: mousman60

·
Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
166 Posts
There are ionly 2 notifications 'Charge Status' and 'Vehicle Alert' and both are ON.
It's the app notifications on your phone that need to be sorted, not the in app ones.

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line
12 Posts
Talked to the dealer yesterday, apparently the same issue is affecting the Emergency Call System and Ford Pass activation. The modems need a software update which Ford are hoping to push out over the air, if not it will be back to the garage to have a fix applied there.

Ford are apparently trying to resolve this asap, as dealers have been instructed by Ford not to release new cars to customers due to the SOS call function being affected... it's now a legal requirement that this is working in vehicles that they hand over. The dealer I talked to had a load of new cars sitting there that he isn't able to hand over to customers at the moment.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV, april 2021, ST Line X, Winter pack, technology pack, retractable towbar
102 Posts
Realtime traffic function would be disabled starting July 28nd ?!?!? That is really strange. Why am I then paying for this as a subscription? Nobody informed me of such thing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Realtime traffic function would be disabled starting July 28nd ?!?!? That is really strange. Why am I then paying for this as a subscription? Nobody informed me of such thing.
Agree, nothing listed in My Ford (UK), Live Traffic Subscription suggest's any changes, looks as if payments continue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine expires on the 24th July. In the FordPass App, under subscriptions it should show when it's expiring. I'm hoping that if as long as i don't click on renew all is ok (i use AndroidAuto/Carplay anyway)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mine expires on the 24th July. In the FordPass App, under subscriptions it should show when it's expiring. I'm hoping that if as long as i don't click on renew all is ok (i use AndroidAuto/Carplay anyway)
After the free year, you need to provide payment details, clicking renew therefore won't do anything unless you choose to proceed.

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line
12 Posts
Got word from the dealer today, Ford are now saying that there should be a fix for the modem issue starting to be pushed out from 1st August, priority will be cars that are queued up at dealerships and can't be handed over to customers until the issue is resolved. After that letters will be sent out in build order to everyone else affected to get the issue sorted. Not sure if it will be an OTA fix or book the car in to have it done.

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
It's a hardware change as the embedded modem has to be swapped out . Make sure that they do the engine fire recall, takes 40 minutes to drill three holes in the undertray, at the same time.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts