Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Product Car

Journeys was a gimmick, but one I suspect they may re-work. The other two are self explanatory, but never used them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Journeys wasn't a gimmick, i relied on it for my work to do my mileage sheets. But its nowhere near as good as what the one on my Evoque's was (Land Rover inControl). You have to have the phone plugged in for Fordpass to record the journey. In the evoque, the car did the recording and uploaded it itself.
But i think ford need to employ some better Apps engineers, Fordpass is garbage IMO. Full of bugs and it could be much better.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Journeys wasn't a gimmick, i relied on it for my work to do my mileage sheets. But its nowhere near as good as what the one on my Evoque's was (Land Rover inControl). You have to have the phone plugged in for Fordpass to record the journey. In the evoque, the car did the recording and uploaded it itself.
But i think ford need to employ some better Apps engineers, Fordpass is garbage IMO. Full of bugs and it could be much better.
You could use Waze for that? [View and manage your Navigation history - Waze Help (google.com)]

I guess my point is, it was a nice idea (it was quite nice to see where you would brake, badly, or be too heavy footed -- but a gimmick). It was badly implemented (as you highlight), because it required you to choose between "AA/CarPlay" or "native", and as proven in the modern world, anything "native" that isn't on iOS or Android, doesn't survive. I would imagine the % of users running AA or CarPlay outweigh those running "native Apps".

I'd like to see Journeys reborn as a device side app, running through AA/CarPlay, but unsure how possible that is.

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line X Edition with Driver Assistance
30 Posts
View attachment 12038

Journeys was a gimmick, but one I suspect they may re-work. The other two are self explanatory, but never used them.
I got the same a couple of days ago.
The same was confirmed to me 2 weeks ago by FordPass app support team that these, including MobileApps will be discontinued soon while they are working on new and better features to replace those. I don't hold much hope for something better though.

I liked the Journeys too, when it was working, it worked only for a week or so for me, that's it.

And I fully agree with lukasc, app is full of bugs and seems like half cooked all the time. Good idea but bad implementation.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I tend to use Driversnote for recording my mileage. Free up to a certain amount of journeys per month. No integration with car or CarPlay though.

I initially enjoyed the journeys but I more so like the EV data bit which I hope stays as that didn’t car if you were using CarPlay or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
@smartguy69 I noticed my other post was closed. If you read the announcement there it is different to what is announced here. Please note that here we speak only about journey, send to vehicle, find parking and fuel, but my message while similar in subject listed many other features and a general deprecation of AppLink.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,018 Posts
@smartguy69 I noticed my other post was closed. If you read the announcement there it is different to what is announced here. Please note that here we speak only about journey, send to vehicle, find parking and fuel, but my message while similar in subject listed many other features and a general deprecation of AppLink.
I didn't close your other thread so must have been one of our other moderators. As you received your notification on the 17th May and this thread was started on the 16th May, both relative to changing of Ford Pass features, it is best we just have one thread on it and any further updates anyone gets can be posted here.

·
Registered
2020 PHEV ST Line X First Edition
7 Posts
I enjoyed the various previous features such as eco driving score and latterly journey recording. For my mileage recording at work we have to use AA route finder and get paid for lowest distance! Hoping these new features will be useful, I did suggest to app team that moving car while outside using phone would be a winner, Lexus are introducing it for their plug-in-hybrid. Fuel and battery charge are still working on the app.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just noticed this myself and on looking what features are left, there is nothing useful in it and FordPass is not worth the space it's taking up.

Reactions: Katakana54

·
Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,524 Posts
Just noticed this myself and on looking what features are left, there is nothing useful in it and FordPass is not worth the space it's taking up.
Never has been any good for MK2, its designed for MK3 and still got problems, best option is delete it

Reactions: Psshaw and davidoff

·
Registered
2017 ST-Line 1.5 TDCi manual
114 Posts
Still missing on my phone. You can clearly see how half arsed their work is on the app by the fact that they removed "my journeys" but they left all the applink journey tracking options in settings.

·
Registered
2020 Kuga Titanium Phev
32 Posts
Just been for run to Kelso and while having a cup of tea I thought I'd see what FordPass had logged about journey, it's been a bit iffy whether or not it shows journeys with map and I can't get past screen asking about permission for cookies, it makes no difference which option I picked 'Accept' or 'Decline' the just reappears.
It was working OK on friday but then this, I was'nt aware of any updates to either OS or app.

Update
I've just been fiddling and if I select 'Vehicle' in the split second the cookies screen is off I can access app but 'Journeys' have disappeared sa option on scrren, this another UPDATE

Alan

·
Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
152 Posts
There was was a message a while ago that the journey part was to be discontinued. The option has disappeared in the app on my phone.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Journeys keeps coming and going from the app, but I’d assume it’s flakey at best, if it works/you can access it.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,018 Posts
We already have a thread on this topics as @Vini has pointed out. Please use the existing thread for this topic as I have closed this one.

·
Registered
MY22 Kuga PHEV ST-Line
11 Posts
Hoping someone can give me some advice... collected my ST Line PHEV from the dealer today, doing fine, just can't connect it up to the Ford pass app... keep trying to activate from my phone and it fails.

I'm wondering if there is some issue with connectivity in the car itself... I looked in the settings to see the serial number for the on board modem and it shows nothing... when trying to do connected stuff from the dashboard it shows 'Emergency call system malfunction service required'. Perhaps something needs reset? I've attached some screenshots to show what I mean.

I've emailed the dealer for assistance in any case, has anyone seen this type of issue before?

Font Gas Electric blue Display device Multimedia

Black Grey Font Gadget Display device

Font Magenta Event Automotive exterior Brand

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,374 Posts
I'm sure someone will know better than me, but I thought the on board modem is only fitted to some vehicles. Maybe that's why it's not showing the serial number.. @Vini may have more knowledge.

Welcome by the way (y)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts