Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced huge battery usage after installing the Ford Pass app on iPhone?
Over the last 2 weeks, I have had 2 occasions where I've almost gone through the full battery within 8 hours. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, a bit of browsing, and a few texts during the day just like any other day. Today, I took my phone off charge before heading to work at 7:30am and by 1:00pm it was down to 20%, so it used 80% battery in just over 5 hours. The back of the phone was quite warm to the touch too. The first time it did it, was the day after installing the app, until then I had never had any problems and normally only need to charge every 2 days. I've uninstalled the app today and the phone cooled down and hasn't been warm or used lots of battery since. In fact, it was 89% when I left work at just after 5pm and it's on 86% now at 8:30pm. Any one experienced similar?

·
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It’s ok, it’s been confirmed after a quick Google. I’ve just looked in the settings and the Ford Pass app has used 84% of my total battery usage. It was 92% between 8 & 9am when it was just in my pocket and not even being used! It's showing as Recently Deleted Apps now.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Think the app is a total waste of time to be honest, installed it twice and deleted it twice

·
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't be reinstalling it Ronnie.

·
Registered
849 Posts
mine has never worked properly,,same as Ronnie installed it twice and deleted twice..Fuel report used for 2 weeks back and fore work,,30-40 mins trip there and back,,kept saying not enough data yet to produce your fuel report.Rubbish app

Ross

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
936 Posts
Frankly for me it was useful only when the LiveTraffic worked (i.e. when I still had a valid subscription). Now that my subscription expired and I have no modem in my Kuga (in order for all the remote gimmicks to work), it's just another way to read your mileage and your fuel level

·
Registered
[ Phil ]
484 Posts
Not noticed any significant battery drain on my Android - Maybe time to change phone :p

The app is a bit pants, but I've just set it up to record my journeys and it just shows a map of your journeys with markers with what it thinks about your driving, like hard acceleration or harsh braking, but also smooth braking and cornering etc. Quite interesting, but it obviously doesn't know the circumstances for a lot of it, so you have to take it with a pinch of salt.

The Fuel Report still shows nothing - I think it's in Delta release not Beta release :rolleyes:

·
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The sky news app does the same to mine. Now deleted but never had an issue until installing IOS 14.

·
Registered
[ Phil ]
484 Posts
I rest my case :p

·
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
🤫

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it's been a week since I deleted the app and haven't had any repeat of the battery draining.

Reactions: DogDeluxe

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Well, it's been a week since I deleted the app and haven't had any repeat of the battery draining.
Your battery drain could be due to the fact that the app cannot work out why a 2013 car has sync 3.

·
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your battery drain could be due to the fact that the app cannot work out why a 2013 car has sync 3.
Well you never know :unsure:

Nah, it's a common problem that is affecting loads of people I've read it on a few forums and groups.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Do we really need the Ford Pass App?

it’s never given me anything, no messages etc and despite plugging in etc and when I’ve looked at the mpg stats, it say it doesn’t have enough data.
So got shut off the phone. It’s one less haggle to think about
My opinion of course.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Oh for the good old days when a car was a machine, plain n simple. A misfire was probably plugs n points or HT leads or something else easily sorted now you need a degree in astro physics, a computer to diagnose and now smart phones chip in, its only a matter of time before the car knocks on the door to pick you up to go for a drive, fully automated with the car doin’ the drivin’

·
Super Moderator
698 Posts
Apple are renowned for "undocumented features" to surface in updates. My Android phone does use more power when in the car, but is that a surprise when the phone is supplying traffic data etc to the car, but it's about 5% over 5 hours...

·
Registered
[ Phil ]
484 Posts
After the latest app update, I checked the fuel report feature again and now it just refreshes and crashes the app and reopens it - when it doesn't crash, it shows nothing still and fuel cost is displayed in dollars. They should disable it until it's working.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
[ Phil ]
484 Posts
Oh for the good old days when a car was a machine, plain n simple. A misfire was probably plugs n points or HT leads or something else easily sorted now you need a degree in astro physics, a computer to diagnose and now smart phones chip in, its only a matter of time before the car knocks on the door to pick you up to go for a drive, fully automated with the car doin’ the drivin’
Yeah, the most advanced piece of technology in my first car, was a cassette tape stereo :LOL:

What happened to cans of cold start spray and a manual choke :eek:

·
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After the latest app update, I checked the fuel report feature again and now it just refreshes and crashes the app and reopens it - when it doesn't crash, it shows nothing still and fuel cost is displayed in dollars. They should disable it until it's working.
Maybe it's your dodgy Android phone 🤪

1 - 20 of 43 Posts