Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,000 Posts
The last time I was at my local tip and I witnessed what some folk were throwing away, I discovered that many people also don't seem to care for the environment either.
I know what you mean but some things you can't sell or give away. I have just removed a timber fire place from my living room which nobody wants. I have it advertised locally and no takers, not even an offer. It will end up going to the tip. The stone hearth and back cost me about £150, 20 years ago.

There are other reasons why people dump stuff at the tip as perhaps they don't have anyone to give it to, it's maybe not good enough to sell, or they just need the space. Having to clear your parents house out after they have passed away is another example of people dumping perfectly good items. Our local tip has a local charity container in which anything decent goes in for resale. They have had a lot of stuff from me. The guys who work the site constantly look at what people are tipping to see if it can be recycled. I guess most are not like that. Where I live all the council run tips are a recycling centre with everything going for recycling as opposed to it going to landfill. Even general waste can be incinerated to make electricity.

Reactions: Adder and lukasc

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know what you mean but some things you can't sell or give away. I have just removed a timber fire place from my living room which nobody wants. I have it advertised locally and no takers, not even an offer. It will end up going to the tip. The stone hearth and back cost me about £150, 20 years ago.

There are other reasons why people dump stuff at the tip as perhaps they don't have anyone to give it to, it's maybe not good enough to sell, or they just need the space. Having to clear your parents house out after they have passed away is another example of people dumping perfectly good items. Our local tip has a local charity container in which anything decent goes in for resale. They have had a lot of stuff from me. The guys who work the site constantly look at what people are tipping to see if it can be recycled. I guess most are not like that. Where I live all the council run tips are a recycling centre with everything going for recycling as opposed to it going to landfill. Even general waste can be incinerated to make electricity.
Unless you have to make an appointment to go to the tip at least 24 hours in advance. Pain in the proverbial if you want a quick unplanned clear out at the weekend.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Going back a few years, i remember taking some garden rubbish to the tip and i spotted someone taking a large flatscreen TV out of a vectra estate and a Playstation 3 with controllers and games. Just as he was about to consign it all to scrap i quizzed him about it. Apparently he was binning it because he no longer played on it and he had no interest in selling it (he diddnt want the hassle he said). Otherwise, it was all complete and in perfect working order. Needless to say it ended up in the back of my car, I then gave it to my son who still plays on the PS3 - well, he did until he got a PS5 for christmas, and the TV is on his bedroom wall still in use.

·
10,000 Posts
Unless you have to make an appointment to go to the tip at least 24 hours in advance. Pain in the proverbial if you want a quick unplanned clear out at the weekend.
I live in a small village and the tip is on the edge of the village. Extremely handy and hardly any queues.
Going back a few years, i remember taking some garden rubbish to the tip and i spotted someone taking a large flatscreen TV out of a vectra estate and a Playstation 3 with controllers and games. Just as he was about to consign it all to scrap i quizzed him about it. Apparently he was binning it because he no longer played on it and he had no interest in selling it (he diddnt want the hassle he said). Otherwise, it was all complete and in perfect working order. Needless to say it ended up in the back of my car, I then gave it to my son who still plays on the PS3 - well, he did until he got a PS5 for christmas, and the TV is on his bedroom wall still in use.
That's what I call recycling.

Reactions: The Painter

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Perhaps, just perhaps... maybe you know M.A.Y.B.E. someone could actually contribute with some real-life experiences to what this naive OP has inquired about. You know it's about the remote start on his Kuga. The OP had high hopes it wasn't too much to ask in a Kuga Owners Club forum.

Reactions: Katakana54

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,508 Posts
As Phil said, maybe nobody knows, or cares for that matter.

Do you not think that if anyone did know, they would just be keeping it to themselves?

Reactions: lukasc and davidoff

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Do you not think that if anyone did know, they would just be keeping it to themselves?
I take this is a rhetorical Q 🙃

Naughty, naughty! Being cynical with a fellow member is not nice. What happened to a "friendly banter" and having a good laugh. You don't fancy my sense of humor? 😅

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Maybe no one as experience of it.
The PHEV folks can do it via the Ford d App Pass.
I guess your right about that... but hey, hope dies the last.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,508 Posts
You don't fancy my sense of humor? 😅
Actually, no!

I don't believe there's any humour in any of your posts, in fact I find that most of them are picking fault or moaning that nobody has answered your questions. And, I'm not the only one to think that either.

Reactions: lukasc and davidoff

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Actually, no!

I don't believe there's any humour in any of your posts, in fact I find that most of them are picking fault or moaning that nobody has answered your questions. And, I'm not the only one to think that either.
That's rather sad. Oh well...

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,369 Posts
I take this is a rhetorical Q 🙃

Naughty, naughty! Being cynical with a fellow member is not nice. What happened to a "friendly banter" and having a good laugh. You don't fancy my sense of humor? 😅
I also don’t see any humour and as I said some time back you had history when you first appeared.
IMO I don’t think this board is for you………………….just saying 😉

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I also don’t see any humour and as I said some time back you had history when you first appeared.
IMO I don’t think this board is for you………………….just saying 😉
You're probably right.

Reactions: davidoff

·
10,000 Posts
@KrstGor - nobody here can help you with adding remote start to your car as nobody here has done it on a mk 2.5 that I am aware of, and I read a lot of posts. If we knew we would say.

We can't really even speculate. Whilst a few of us have modified our cars to some degree with retro fits, I would have thought the Focus would attract a higher number of owners who want to modify their cars more and suggest you try their forums or ford owners UK. I assume you have checked the Escape forum to see if anyone has retrofitted remote start in the USA. They have remote start option and we don't so perhaps someone has attempted it there. Also try G2Fusions but as the American Mondeo is a different platform, what will work on that may not work on the Kuga, same as an F series truck as they run a different BCM.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
@KrstGor - nobody here can help you with adding remote start to your car as nobody here has done it on a mk 2.5 that I am aware of, and I read a lot of posts. If we knew we would say.

We can't really even speculate. Whilst a few of us have modified our cars to some degree with retro fits, I would have thought the Focus would attract a higher number of owners who want to modify their cars more and suggest you try their forums or ford owners UK. I assume you have checked the Escape forum to see if anyone has retrofitted remote start in the USA. They have remote start option and we don't so perhaps someone has attempted it there. Also try G2Fusions but as the American Mondeo is a different platform, what will work on that may not work on the Kuga, same as an F series truck as they run a different BCM.
@smartguy69 thank you, I really appreciate the elaborated feedback and suggestions. It makes sense. I am a member of the US Escape Forum, but I haven't asked the question there, as it's a very straight fwd and easy DIY job to fit the remote start module. I don't need help how to do it, rather finding out whether it'd be compatible with the European Kuga. Hence, I was hoping someone might've done it... that's all.

Anyways, I hear what you are saying clearly and as far as I'm concerned this endeavor is now closed. If MODs feel like deleting this post (as it's basically useless) I'm 100% okay with that, too.

Cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
@KrstGor Did you manage to find the PN for the key with the 4th button? There is a forum in Romania where a local service company said they are doing this, but I swore not to enter that forum after I saw rude language and toxic member attacks and the moderators did nothing after I reported (and I'm not that sensible).

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
@KrstGor Did you manage to find the PN for the key with the 4th button? There is a forum in Romania where a local service company said they are doing this, but I swore not to enter that forum after I saw rude language and toxic member attacks and the moderators did nothing after I reported (and I'm not that sensible).
What's "PN"?

·
10,000 Posts
What's "PN"?
I would guess it's "Part Number". That's one of the reasons why I hate acronyms although I do use them. It can sometimes bring a smile to my face when I Google to see what it is. I saw "RTFM" yesterday used by one of our members. That made me smile.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts