Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

Registered
MK 3 ST Li X AWD Automatic Diesel 2.0 Ltr 190PS. Drivers Assistance, Technology Pack, Wirless Pad,
So what does that say about you, do you have kids 馃槈
and a dam is for holding water back 馃憤
Yes I have a son aged 33. I do recycle etc. No I don't throw rubbish out of the window etc. I used to when I was younger. But not anymore. But I do belive petrol and diesel are no worse than electric cars. I also don't like electric cars myself. Sorry if I came across rude to you. I just belive in let people live their own life. Sorry it just got my back up. That's all it was.

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Sometimes @Mad Dog you need to be careful how you put things across when you generalise on something in order for other members not to form an opinion of the comment said, i.e. your closing line of post #14. Sometimes comments like yours are done just to create a reaction. We don't want to be creating any reactions here.

Some may see cars ticking over unnecessarily, warming up is bad for the environment. Some may see it as a waste of money. I personally don't like doing it as the professional advice is drive and go but what you do with your car is your business.

Registered
MK 3 ST Li X AWD Automatic Diesel 2.0 Ltr 190PS. Drivers Assistance, Technology Pack, Wirless Pad,
Sorry I didn't do it for a recation at all. Just got my back up about the environment everyone got their own a opinion like religion. I meant no harm by it at all.

Yes it's upto every member to do what they want with their cars etc. Just this is something that I'm interested in. I didn't start the main thread, I was hoping to see if anyone has done this.

I will be more careful what I say in future.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
WOW, just WOW... what a banter you folks are having here, hey! Who would've thought! 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀

I will dare to add a few quick comments of my own:

I care about the environment, have been sorting our garbage and using recycle bins for the last 20 or so years. I don't throw used frying oil into kitchen's sink either.

Contrary to what some may believe, no we don't live in a cave and we do have free press (regardless what BBC and The Guardian might tell you).

As for my initial post, as after all this is MY post - once again: I'd never leave the car running unattended. The sole purpose of installing the remote start is to have the cabin nicely warmed up, when it's freezing cold outside. That is to say, I don't have to step out in my pajamas. So, while technically speaking the car is unattended, it is parked in front of my frickin house, inside my own yard and there's fence around the property, so NO - no one's gonna steal it.

Registered
Sometimes @Mad Dog you need to be careful how you put things across when you generalise on something in order for other members not to form an opinion of the comment said, i.e. your closing line of post #14. Sometimes comments like yours are done just to create a reaction. We don't want to be creating any reactions here.

Some may see cars ticking over unnecessarily, warming up is bad for the environment. Some may see it as a waste of money. I personally don't like doing it as the professional advice is drive and go but what you do with your car is your business.
But you can use the app to remote start your car to warm the inside up so personally I don't see the difference. Like my Motorbike I always start that up and let it run for a bit before I go for a ride. As my gearbox has thick grease in it. So it needs to warm up before you can ride it.

Registered
WOW, just WOW... what a banter you folks are having here, hey! Who would've thought! 馃槀 馃槀 馃槀

I will dare to add a few quick comments of my own:

I care about the environment, have been sorting our garbage and using recycle bins for the last 20 or so years. I don't throw used frying oil into kitchen's sink either.

Contrary to what some may believe, no we don't live in a cave and we do have free press (regardless what BBC and The Guardian might tell you).

As for my initial post, as after all this is MY post - once again: I'd never leave the car running unattended. The sole purpose of installing the remote start is to have the cabin nicely warmed up, when it's freezing cold outside. That si to say, I don't have to step out in my pajamas. So, while technically speaking the car is unattended, it is parked in front of my frickin house, inside my own yard and there's fence around the property, so NO - no one's gonna steal it.
Exactly what I was trying to say about warming the car up first before I get in it. It's will be on my own property and like you said it will be locked so it be safe.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Exactly what I was trying to say about warming the car up first before I get in it. It's will be on my own property and like you said it will be locked so it be safe.
Makes sense to me, but we seem to be in minority here. Oh well...

Reactions: Mad Dog

Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
Yes we do. Oh well. Never mind.
@Mad Dog its fine, I'd have a beer with you, but you would need to put the bottle in the recycling.
I know its not illegal on private land but I'm wondering, just out of interest what do insurance policies say about leaving the engine running unattended.

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
@KrstGor - banter is fine but only to a point where nobody takes offence. Once someone is offended then it is no longer banter and if anyone is offended they only need to drop any of the moderator's a PM.

@Mad Dog - You raise an interesting point regarding motorcycles, especially old ones that are not fuel injected and have a manual choke. On the car It's just a personal thing I have about letting diesels fitted with dpf's warm up having had issues with my previous car. My understanding was that diesel's produce more soot when cold and the car will take longer to warm up when not under any load, therefore loading up the dpf faster. This may of course not be true of more modern engines and dpf systems such as fitted on the Kuga.

Guys do what you want with your cars but don't forget about your neighbours. Diesel engines are noisy compared to petrol and whilst you may be unaware of your car chugging in the drive as it's yours, your neighbours may find it annoying.

Also Mad Dog have you realised that you are asking about this is the Mk2 section when you have a Mk3.

Reactions: KrstGor and Mad Dog

Registered
@Mad Dog its fine, I'd have a beer with you, but you would need to put the bottle in the recycling.
I know its not illegal on private land but I'm wondering, just out of interest what do insurance policies say about leaving the engine running unattended.
Thank you. I appreciate it. Sorry about before. I can't see it being a problem as the car locked. Ford must have checked before they did this with app. But saying that I do start my bike up first then go inside and put my biker gear on. I've never really thought about it. But I do live down a very quite lane with only one other house and I have a long drive with gates so I think I'm safe to leave my car or bike started up.

Registered
@KrstGor - banter is fine but only to a point where nobody takes offence. Once someone is offended then it is no longer banter and if anyone is offended they only need to drop any of the moderator's a PM.

@Mad Dog - You raise an interesting point regarding motorcycles, especially old ones that are not fuel injected and have a manual choke. On the car It's just a personal thing I have about letting diesels fitted with dpf's warm up having had issues with my previous car. My understanding was that diesel's produce more soot when cold and the car will take longer to warm up when not under any load, therefore loading up the dpf faster. This may of course not be true of more modern engines and dpf systems such as fitted on the Kuga.

Guys do what you want with your cars but don't forget about your neighbours. Diesel engines are noisy compared to petrol and whilst youY may be unaware of your car chugging in the drive as it's yours, your neighbours may find it annoying.

Also Mad Dog have you realised that you are asking about this is the Mk2 section when you have a Mk3.
Yes your right about motorbikes mine is fuel injected but my bike is a cruiser and most of them have a grease in the gear box, and you need to warm it up first so it goes thinner with the heat. But if you don't do that it will clunk into gear and you can damage your gears etc.

Yes you do have a valid point about neighbours and diesel cars I guess. But I guess I'm lucky like I said I only have one neighbour and he leaves for work early so it doesn't affect him.

Yes diesel cars do need to warm up a bit for the soot and I belive it helps the engine too.

Sorry about posting in the MK 2. it was the only post I cold find regarding this.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, I've got a piece of an unsolicited advice for people who get offended on a public forum: RUN!!! 馃ぃ

Registered
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
I thought leaving a car running unattended was illegal in the UK?
It is, the car must be attended at all times if engine is running, but I鈥檓 not sure this applies if on private property, no doubt our sherrif ( @Psshaw ) will be able to confirm

Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
It is, the car must be attended at all times if engine is running, but I鈥檓 not sure this applies if on private property, no doubt our sherrif ( @Psshaw ) will be able to confirm
He already did in post #22 ;)
Keep up

Registered
So what does that say about you, do you have kids 馃槈
and a dam is for holding water back 馃憤
The last time I was at my local tip and I witnessed what some folk were throwing away, I discovered that many people also don't seem to care for the environment either.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts