Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently asked this question on another forum and so was wondering if anyone might have some useful input, thoughts re this topic.

My Ford Kuga is MK2.5 (2019) 150HP AT. The automatic transmission is NOT the Powershift found on diesels, but the conventional 6F35, 6-gear torque converter. I bought the car new back in 2019 and had ordered it (among other things) with Ford Technology Package and Driver Assist Package, so all the extras that were available at the time came with this car.

My key fob is a 3-button fob: lock, unlock and power tailgate.

Car alarm Audio equipment Font Gadget Gas

The Forscan shows (under Main Config) all sort of remote start entries. There is one saying "Remote Start" and it's marked as disabled. Then there are many other entries, amongst which I've found the one that lists the Key Fob which is also set to disabled.

So, I have two questions:

1) How can I determine whether my car has a factory built-in remote start antenna or modem or whatever that device is called? (asking, as in US the Technology Pack contains this remote-start capability device by default. I think European TechPack Kugas contain it as well, but it's just disabled in certain countries due to regulations).

2) If it turns out I do, is there a way to program the OEM key fob via Forscan to remote start the car using a specific button-press sequence? (say 3Xlock)

You can find the original post on Forscan forums here:

Ford OEM/Factory key fob programming for remote start - FORScan forum

Much obliged for any advice!

·
Registered
2019 diffused silver titanium x edition
50 Posts
I so wish this was an standard option, Just to be able to start the car to defrost as your drinking ya coffee and getting your shoes and coat on in the morning

·
Registered
423 Posts
The mk3 can remote start through fordpass app, but not from the keyfob.
Be interested to see if it can be enabled from the keyfob.

I hired a mustang when I was in the US for my honeymoon and that had remote start from the keyfob. Was nice getting into an ice cold car when the outside temperature was in the 30's!

Reactions: Adder

·
Registered
423 Posts
By the way, I don't think it would be possible to reprogram your existing key to do this. The US keys have an extra button for remote start, it might be possible to pair a US key with your car but I've no idea if remote start would work or not.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, I don't think it would be possible to reprogram your existing key to do this. The US keys have an extra button for remote start, it might be possible to pair a US key with your car but I've no idea if remote start would work or not.
Well that's the thing I'm trying to figure out - whether I do need or don't need a different / additional key fob.

Apparently I don't, as this guy here clearly demonstrates that Ford Perimeter Plus works with his old 3-button fob:

For the 2019 Kuga/Escape, this is the module: Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System ~ JJ5Z19A361A

The module (apparently) has a pre-programmed press-button sequence "lock-unlock-lock". This is what I'd prefer.

In case it doesn't work, Ford offers a separate one-button remote key fob that works with this module from up to a 1000 feet: Remote Start System 1-Button Fob (2-Pack) ~ JS7Z15K601C (ford.com). It's not an expensive accessory, but I'd rather save $100 + VAT, if I don't need it... which is what I'm trying to decipher.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Thought I have read that it isn’t allowed for the UK market.

If not parked on private land then there is an offence, under the road traffic act called “quitting “

What about the planet and all this extra shed gases you’ll be pumping out.

We have to think about the planet and let China catch up then we can all go net zero’ish.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I so wish this was an standard option, Just to be able to start the car to defrost as your drinking ya coffee and getting your shoes and coat on in the morning
My son likes this feature on his Focus. He can start it from Ford app on his phone. Just need to plan ahead as to what temp to set air con etc when leaving the car prior to next auto start.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Thought I have read that it isn’t allowed for the UK market.

If not parked on private land then there is an offence, under the road traffic act called “quitting “

What about the planet and all this extra shed gases you’ll be pumping out.

We have to think about the planet and let China catch up then we can all go net zero’ish.
The OP doesn't live in the UK, also it's perfectly legal down under, we just have to set the aircon too cool before we switch off the car.

Reactions: KrstGor

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Apologies. I didn’t look at the OP country flag….just smashed a reply in there with it being a UK forum. Lesson learnt.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,374 Posts
Apologies. I didn’t look at the OP country flag….just smashed a reply in there with it being a UK forum. Lesson learnt.
Easy mistake to make, don’t worry👍

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't mind at all your not looking at flags, but it does bother me when folks start to moralize and patronize others.

I asked a technical question and you start to give me lessons in environmental consciousness. For real?

It doesn't make any sense anyways, as I'm going to run the car on idle for 5-10 minutes when it's below zero outside EITHER WAY.

The only difference is that with remote start enabled, I can switch the damned thing on without having to leave the house in my pajamas and slippers.

Gosh...

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
I don't mind at all your not looking at flags, but it does bother me when folks start to moralize and patronize others.

I asked a technical question and you start to give me lessons in environmental consciousness. For real?

It doesn't make any sense anyways, as I'm going to run the car on idle for 5-10 minutes when it's below zero outside EITHER WAY.

The only difference is that with remote start enabled, I can switch the damned thing on without having to leave the house in my pajamas and slippers.

Gosh...
Like I say, my reply was aimed at those here in Blighty and would resonate with them as we are bombarded with “emission “ concerns.

The second part was British sarcasm, which us Brits get.

Feel safe that in future, I won’t make future comments on any of your posts. It’s not the first time on this forum when there hasn’t been friction between you and others.

I bow to @andspenka and @smartguy69 to make comment, is so required.

Reactions: Adder

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,018 Posts
It's noted @Psshaw. You can't always take it as read that a members flag is actually where they are from anyway if they are using a VPN.

The technical advice is to get in your car and drive it but at the end of the day if people want to waste money on warming the car up its up to them.

·
Registered
MK 3 ST Li X AWD Automatic Diesel 2.0 Ltr 190PS. Drivers Assistance, Technology Pack, Wirless Pad,
31 Posts
Like I say, my reply was aimed at those here in Blighty and would resonate with them as we are bombarded with “emission “ concerns.

The second part was British sarcasm, which us Brits get.

Feel safe that in future, I won’t make future comments on any of your posts. It’s not the first time on this forum when there hasn’t been friction between you and others.

I bow to @andspenka and @smartguy69 to make comment, is so required.
I live in the UK and I want to do this with my M3 Kuga ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS once I receive it. And I don't give a dam about the environment.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,374 Posts
I live in the UK and I want to do this with my M3 Kuga ST Line X AWD Auto 2.0Ltr Diesel 190PS once I receive it. And I don't give a dam about the environment.
So what does that say about you, do you have kids 😉
and a dam is for holding water back 👍

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,018 Posts
So what does that say about you, do you have kids 😉
and a dam is for holding water back 👍
Perhaps the comment was in relation to just the car ticking over in which case the post should have been clear what exactly it referred to as it leaves it open to assumption. Those assumptions could be that they do not sort out their home waste for recycling and put everything in the general waste bin or they fail to use the litter bins at places like McDonalds and throw their rubbish out of car windows, or dump their old mattress in a ditch or back alley. I doubt that very much but that is what the statement of not giving a dam is saying to me. Note that the proper spelling of dam is a banned word.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,516 Posts
I thought leaving a car running unattended was illegal in the UK?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts