Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I hope this is the right forum, just after some advice.
I ordered a new Ford Kuga 1.5 titanium in silver at the beginning of August.

Finally hit a all saying the will be dropped off early last week - lovely, only to discover that when the car arrived it was the wrong colour! I ordered silver and I had got a black one. So I sent it away.

Turns out the factory was told the wrong colour so I got what I got.

Ford have now found my desired coloured car with a better spec so I said yes, not having to wait a further 3 months for a new build.

The car is in a compound in Belgium, my question is how long do people thing I should wait, they said they will bring it through as priority but I’m apprehensive. I’m hoping before Christmas- what do you all think? Any advice on the timescale from Belgium to UK would be appreciated, also interested to hear of any other Horror stories like mine?!

Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Priority can get them moved quickly. Mine came from Belgium to dealer forecourt in five days.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Waiting almost six months for a Ford direct MK3 Mondeo Titanium X Moondust with cream leather, we knew they were around and prepared to wait and our local dealer managed to grab one. It was being delivered to the dealer on the day of my daughters graduation. Received a call on my mobile from the dealer, just as we'd got into our Mondeo MK2 to set off to the ceremony. They called to tell me that they are rejecting the car as delivered, the reason being that the driver had driven it of the side of the transporter. I guess a good enough reason. They said they would try their best to find a replacement which they did within a week and with less than 3000 mile instead of almost 6000.
I suspect that if they delivered it any quicker, the Ford manager who had been the keeper may have still been sat in the car, because the car was spotless an gleamed like a new pin, but they didn't look under the rear seats as there were a couple of children's cuddly toys looking lonesome under there. Sent them back to Ford with the managers name on the package as in those days the keeper was on the documents.

So hopefully you'll get yours pretty quick if they are diligent enough. As David says waiting for a new car is isn't good, its anticipation that almost hurts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah you’re right, waiting is the hardest part. The new silver one still hasn’t arrived, hopefully won’t be much longer fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully im an exception but my 'in stock' car took 9 weeks to arrive with no explanation as to why. It was priority for dealership as they were paying for a hire car for me for the last 6 weeks as the delivery estimate was initially 2-3 weeks, leaving me with no car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blimey 9 weeks, that’s not really acceptable. What is wrong with ford today? I’d much rather them be honest rather than leave me hanging, I called the dealer today and got told my “in stock” car is still in Belgium. They didn’t know when it was due to get to the UK...

I’m beginning to lose hope. This is the last time I’m ever buying a new car, never again!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Be glad you are not buying a VW

Mate of mine will be taking delivery of his new VW Polo the week after next.

He ordered it on his birthday in March!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Standard lead times on many VAG models is now 30 weeks plus!

They cannot produce some models fast enough to meet demand. Some of the Skodas are now almost a 12 month wait and that is with additional factories coming on stream.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There has been a lot of problems with the new WLTP emissions testing. VW in particular have been hit, there are rumours that there is an airfield stocked with new unregistered Golfs that may have to be scrapped or sent to another right-hand drive market as they cannot get the certified for legitimate sale in time.

As for me, the last 4 new Fords I have "bought" on PCP have all been from unsold stock at my local dealership; I just haggled with them as they were sort-of-desperate to get rid of them. The current Kuga.... I signed the papers on a Wednesday evening on my way home from work and collected the car on the Friday, just 2 days later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts