Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have my KUGA since 11th of May and it is shame on me that finally I've decided to boast with it here
You can see the details in the subject. Additional information :
color : chill - I like it very much. There was a doubt between chill and tango orange but my wife's car is fiesta tango orange so I've finally picked the chill color.
In addition to the standard equipment I have climatronic, Sony CD with 8 speakers, trend style pack 1, etc.

The choice to me was between RAV4 (the cheapest one, but with less equipment, with more equipment with becomes expensive than the KUGA), KUGA, Peugeot 4007 (or C-crosser) the most expensive but still affordable. Probably the sentiment took the precedence and I took the KUGA (this is the third ford we have). In Bulgaria Ford is considered as not quite reliable car, but up to now I haven't had any major problems with our Fords.

I already have 1500+ km with the KUGA and what I can say that each time when I get out of the car I do this with a big smile on my face
The drive is quite impressive and comfortable.
I had also the chance to test it offroad as well(not extreme but still in rainy weather on mood mountain track without macadam).
The steering was good, and the power was enough to climb the hills.

Link to my picasa web album with more shots :
http://picasaweb.google.com/bsavov/FordKuga?feat=directlink

Apart of this there are two things that irritates me.
There is no enough power under 1800rpm and the second thing is that when I stop the engine with four windows opened, and I try to close them using the remote on the key, only the driver's windows closes

That's it.

Greetings to all who contribute to the forum and all the readers as well

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello bsavov and Welcome to the Forum !!

As you have probably learned, there are lots of lovely friendly people on here always happy to offer help and advice !!

I just love your photo - and your Kuga looks Fab too !!

Enjoy !!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
glad you like oyur choice of car. Ford's reliability has come along remarkably in last few years and now equals Toyotas ( worlds best regarded ).
All windows should rise again when holding down locking button ( global closing) hope its under warranty still? have a dealer fix this for you.
Handling etc on teh AWD is impressive but the diesel Kuga's do suffer with low torque at bottom end ( I have stalled mine now an dthen) .hopefully Ford wil address this later. meanwhile I understand on this forum at least one member has has a chip upgrade and now finds lower end torque and fuel consumption much better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi hornchurchmale,
I talk to my vendor regarding the two issues. For the windows I was told that this is the case because only the front left (hmm... driver's) window is automatic and thus the "global closing" works only for this window. Regarding the issue with low torque I was told that after 3K km it will improve but the diesels in general have this behaviour. He also suggested installiung a chip but I can do this in two years otherwise I'll lose the waranty.

My plan in two yars is to chip but let's see.

cheers,
Boris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts