Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2.0 Auto titainium x MK2 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a genuine OEM reversing camera be retrofitted to a ford Kuga.
I have just bought a Kuga titanium X from a genuine Ford dealer and purchased a genuine OEM reversing camera from them on the same day that I paid for and received the car. £600.00 to which includes fitting. This was completed last week. My first worry that something was wrong when the camera didn't show the advanced features on the screen. i.e no white guide lines and zoom. Today came the big shock when I opened the glove box and found that the engineer who fitted it had left an OBD2 dongle with a reprogramming sheet.
It went on to explain that any ford software updates put into the car would wipe out the camera and that camera would need to be completely reprogrammed.
On calling the ford dealership they said that it wasn't an genuine ford camera......WHY if I've paid for a genuine OEM camera wasn't it fitted.?
So can anyone tell me if they know where fords have ever so an OEM retrofitted reversing camera upgrade and at what price.... please....the dealership is a massive dealership who I won't name just yet but am expecting trouble ahead.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,710 Posts
Hi @Atsol, welcome to the forum.

Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here…………Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your post, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you've been sold a pup as they say. There's no way they would fit a genuine camera, as it's nowhere near as easy as fitting an aftermarket one, although it can be done, I've done it myself. What's even more annoying is that you can fit an aftermarket camera for less than £50 and that's factoring in the cost of the OBD adapter, I had a cheapy one fitted at first and it cost me £7 from ebay. The picture was perfect and it had the green, yellow and red lines on it too.

Also, it doesn't sound like they actually know what they're talking about with regard to the software update and the reprogramming, that's a complete load of tosh! Enabling the camera needs the OBD and a program called Forscan to program the APIM which is the module behind the screen, software updates cannot change the programming.

Reactions: davidoff and NigelB

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
5,871 Posts
Hi @Atsol and welcome to the forum. I was just going to say you should be expecting a response from @andspenka

Yes I am sorry too to hear about your disappointment with the camera. I read a similar post from a mk3 owner who was also expecting his camera to have the dynamic gridlines as the factory ones do. He also had his done at a ford dealership but in France if I remember correctly.

I would be having a look at the invoice or quote and see if you can claim any money back from them. As andspenka says, system updates will not affect the camera.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,303 Posts
Hi Atsol welcome to the forum,sorry to hear about the problem with your reversing camera (rear view camera on Etis).mine was factory fitted..I would name and Shame the dealership I won’t be surprised if it’s Evans Halshaw .
lots of helpful and friendly members so don’t be afraid to ask anything about the kuga ,I’m sure someone here could help you.

Reactions: Les

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2.0 Auto titainium x MK2 2017
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Ross.
The camera was fitted a little over a week ago. I ordered and paid it when I brought my 2017 plate titanium X Kuga a few weeks ago. I insisted purchased and ordered the camera from the ford dealership that it was definitely a genuine ford camera. They said yes but it would have to be fitted by an outside company but arrange and managed by them due to the complexity of the internal cabling route. I had noticed after a few days that it wasn't showing the white moveable tramlines that a factory camera came with and other camera advanced features were also missing.
After many discussions today with the sales team manager they are stating that they never said that it would be a ford OEM camera. However that is exactly what was stated. So my £600 camera as already mentioned, is really a device the could have been purchased for about £200.
The are in total denial over this and I don't have any way of proving the discussions..
Therefore the genuine ford dealerships are as untrustworthy as any back street conman. So anyone thinking of purchasing a ford from Brentwood....Think twice and go elsewhere...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts