Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone,

Just to give some context, a few months ago I ordered a Ford Kuga and chose the ST Line X trim level. I have also opted for some extra features, like:
  • Metallic paint, Chrome Blue - 650.00 Euro
  • Temporary Spare Wheel, T165/70 R17 - 200.00 Euro
  • Winter Package 2 - 750.00 Euro
  • Technology Pack - 900.00 Euro
  • Driver's Assistance Pack - 1500.00 Euro
From the beginning, I wasn't really sold on the extra feature for the Wireless Charging and I'm still debating if I should add that one or not.
The cost for this feature is 150.00 Euro, which seems kinda expensive considering the charging is very slow (although I couldn't find official measurements). I have also found some reviews which stated that the phone overheats with this charging hardware and in most cases it is not even enough to keep the battery draining when using the device with BT & GPS enabled (the discharge was faster than the charge). Another downside(at least for me) for this is that Android Auto requires a cable, thus I will probably have a cable in the car which will always be connected to the phone when needed.

Considering this, what are your opinions for this? Does it make sense to add this feature?

There is also another extra feature which I was debating on:
  • ST Line package - 600.00 Euro. This includes: Large spoiler, painted calipers, aluminum pedals, threshold protection with ST-Line logo
I couldn't find some direct comparisons with the car with & without this. When I test drove the car, the car had this option and it looked great. But in the end this just adds some small visual details which seems a little expensive at 600 Euro.
In the end what do you think? It's worth to add this option? Will it make that big of a difference? If we consider the total value of the car, this isn't very much, but by itself the cost seems a little high.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have got the wireless charging fitted in my car, and basically it is rubbish. It takes to long for the phone to charge up plus the phone gets to hot. Not worth having it fitted.

·
Super Moderator
3,585 Posts
Check with your dealer. In the UK the ST Line X comes AS STANDARD with painted calipers, large spoiler, aluminium pedals etc.

The wireless charging is slow and the wireless pad Ford uses costs them under €12.

PS Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
458 Posts
"threshold protection with ST-Line logo"

Something that was omitted from mine :rolleyes::cautious:

·
Super Moderator
3,585 Posts
They are on mine but are ruddy useless as they are only around half the length of the sill. God knows what Ford is playing at with all of these deletions.

·
Registered
2021 PHEV
10 Posts
I have got the wireless charging fitted in my car, and basically it is rubbish. It takes to long for the phone to charge up plus the phone gets to hot. Not worth having it fitted.
It depends a bit on your usecase. I have a wireless android auto adapter and for me it's no fiddling with the cable anymore, charging is slow but at least it doesn't drain. If you want to use android auto and don;t have such an adapter, I agree.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I opted for a third party wireless charging solution (Apple MagSafe). On the basis the Ford option is 5x the price and 4x slower.

With the Ford option, you’d struggle to maintain power if using a Nav app like Waze.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all the responses.

This will be my first car with Android Auto. I think I will use it only on long trips, but from what I know it cannot be used without a cable. I saw some 3rd party modules to make it wireless, but not sure if they are good or not. In my current car I always have a cable and it doesn't really bother me that much. Also, the slow charging worries me a little as I consider even the cable to be slow charging in the car :D.

For the ST Line optional package. In my country (Romania) this is an extra feature and costs 600 Euro. Not sure if this really is worth it, considering they are strictly visual details without any functional impact. But I didn't see any Kuga ST Line X without this optional package to have an idea what will be the impact.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,556 Posts
Not too sure why anyone would need a slow wireless charger in the car when most phone's these days come with a quick charge facility that will charge the phone from nearly flat to full in or around two hours or so which lasts for two or three days.

Reactions: Stuart0979

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed, it does not seem to be useful and because of this I won't go for this wireless charging option.

Now I'm thinking about that ST Line optional package, that is 600 Euro. Anyone maybe having a Kuga without this package? There is a model that has this package at my Ford Dealer. But there isn't one without this package so I can compare them and see if it makes sense to add this option.

·
Super Moderator
3,585 Posts
Detail the option then we can say it it’s worth it.

To be fair, he did in the first post.

ST Line package - 600.00 Euro. This includes: Large spoiler, painted calipers, aluminum pedals, threshold protection with ST-Line logo

If added separately the spoiler is c.€300 plus paint, pedals c.€65, scuff (sill) plates c.€145 caliper painting €??

As a package, it looks good on price and the spoiler does keep the rear screen clear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts